New PowerMac G4, Aug 13 or 24?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Chaszmyr, Aug 11, 2002.

?

When do you think the New Powermac will be announced?

1. August 12/13 for sure!

35 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. August 23/24 without a doubt

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Probably Aug 12/13, but not sure

16 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Probably Aug 23/24, but what do I know?

13 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. Probably none of those days, but hopefully sometime soon.

14 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

So guys what do you think? What day will it be announced, and how sure are you?

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Aug. 13, right when the clock strikes midnight.

I'm 75% sure.

3. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I remember hearing something about the 15th for new PowerMacs. Either way, it will probably be next week.

4. BenRoethig macrumors 68030

BenRoethig

5. Chaszmyr thread starter macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I am not sure I will be able to wait until tuesday... But if i do manage to wait.. and they arent announced then i am gonna have to consider launching a boycot Apple campaign =P

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

The 24th

Who knows, i want them soon though, i cant wait.lol

iJon

7. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

8. chrisfx811 macrumors regular

if they are annouced prior to the 24th, would they ship on or about the 24th with jaguar installed?
    if they are announced on the 24th, when would they actually ship?
    i'm a relative computer nebie, but why does apple keep upcoming tech so secretive, while it seems like the pc side is more open in releasing info about upcoming tech?

9. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

Re: The 24th

i was talking to a guy who worked at a local mac store and he was telling me that there will be new powermacs at the end of the month.....

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I bet that they ship on the 24th w/ Jaguar but are announced on the 13th just to shut us all up until MWSF :rolleyes:

11. Synapse macrumors newbie

My bet is that on the 13th we will have new machines. I just called the Apple Store here in Chicago and said I was interested in buying 5 DP1ghz machines and was seeing if they had them in stock. The employee said they had 0 but were receiving a shipment of NEW powermacs on Tuesday morning. (Not we will be recieving a NEW shipment of powermacs) Could just be a wording slip up, but sounds like Tuesday the 13th is the day to me.

12. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i really wouldn't judge by the english of some lackey working in a retail store. i have said the same thing. we should have new ones in by *blank*. It's just the way people say things. At the same time I believe that monday or tues we will see new PMacs. I agree with the sentiment that they prob won't ship until Shaguar does.

13. ericb88 macrumors member

ok, this is why they WILL come out this week

According to just about everyone the stores are out of powermacs. So what are they gonna selll for the 13 days till jaguar will be realeased? POwermacs monday,tues,wed,thurs or maybe even fri. who knows....

14. Kid Red macrumors 65816

I was told the 13th. But there is also something going on the 23rd, namely OS X. So either single releases on those dates or the 13th is simply an announcement for the towers to be released booting X on the 23rd.

15. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

16. Malus120 macrumors regular

Uhhh dude here in the Pacific US its 2 min till twelve so i think it still possiblity.

17. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hows this?

PMacs released the 13th, ship the 24th. Along with jag...

18. vniow macrumors G4

19. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I'm tipping 13th, but I really wouldn't be surprised if it was the 24th.

I hope it's the 13th... I can't wait to see what Steve-o has in store for us!

20. ericb88 macrumors member

21. gopher macrumors 65816

Probably none of these days

Apple is just updated their retail website:
    http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0208/12.retail.php

Well if you are updating the retail website, why don't you take the opportunity to add the new machines? I mean if it is so close to the update date wouldn't it be best to do two jobs at once. I'd save the new deals for when new machines are released.

22. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

It's only 9:30 in Cupertino, so we may yet see an announcement today, Apple usually doesn't release at midnight, but calls a conference and issues a press release the day of announcement, still, I kind of doubt today, tomorrow may be another story, however.;)

23. gopher macrumors 65816

That's spelled boycott.

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=boycott

24. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Is anyone else her as amazed as I am- at how quiet Apple has been able to keep this? Here it is on the eve of (another) hopeful release date and only a few sites are saying tomorrow. It seems all guesswork even still. Since if not tomorrow, then there's still the 24th...then there are 2 events in Sept where they could be introduced- and another in Oct.
    Not to mention- nobody has the slightest idea of what they are going to release....what speeds, what chips- anything.
    I remember when the rumor sites all "knew" everything way in advance- and were almost always right....especially when it was this close to a major release/upgrade.
    As much as I'm hoping that new machines are offered tomorrow- I'm oddly equally impressed in how Apple been able to keep this.

25. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

Ill try to call the apple store here in miami , to see if they have them in stock, and see if I can make them "slip up" and spit out important info, done it before, and it works:rolleyes:

-GaBe-