NEW POWERMAC'S 3-5 DAYS

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tylersail, Apr 22, 2005.

1. tylersail macrumors newbie

On the store it says the top-end models will ship in 3-5 days...finally!

2. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I think this means that the top-end model will be kept in the update. :) (Est. April 26, 2005)

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Better order quick, because once they announce the new machines -- the order time will go from 3-5 days, to 6-8 weeks.

If you're really lucky, you'll get your new top of the line PowerMac within 90 days. ;)

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Or 6-8 months. :rolleyes:

5. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

So the 1.8GHz SP PM will stay at $1,499. Bummer. How I hoped that spot would be filled by a nice 2.0GHz DP PM.

6. steve88 macrumors member

They are only updating the "Top Dog"? That seems silly. Any word on the updated imacs?

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

the imacs have next business day shipping, so who knows - which sucks since I'm looking at getting one for my wife....

D

8. SaleenS351 macrumors 6502

so even if they update the new hardware this week it won't be in our hands for some time?

9. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

With so many hardware lines rumoured to be updating, it's going to be an exciting few weeks. :D

10. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I agree. I'm going to be checking the Apple sites so much. I hoping the updates are better than expected on the Powermacs. I'm starting to get worried, about this only updating the top of the line models.

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Just remember that all the machines will have to start shipping with Tiger soon, so there's a good chance that a lot of things will get updated but the top end ones usually get more press.

D

12. benwa02 macrumors 6502

say they do come out with new PM's on the 26th do you think they would include tiger since it is only a few days away?

i cant wait to get a PM!

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Your wife is very lucky Mr. Anderson, hope that she realizes. ;)

When it was mentioned about Power Mac G5 delays of 6 - 8 weeks, it brought back memories. My hope is that Apple learned its lesson last time. Hopefully the delay in the release of the update is due to them having adequate stock for shipping.

14. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Wasn't there an article on MR a few days ago saying that PM supply was above demand? Perhaps the shipping estimates on the lower end models haven't changed because they just still have too many of them?

15. benwa02 macrumors 6502

i read that to. hopefully they will be giving those away with a sweet discount when the new PM's arrive.

16. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

17. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

UK store says 7 days for all dual models. The single 1.8 still shows 24 hours. I guess next week anytime before Friday we will see Powermac updates. Tuesday would make sense rather than a last minute rush on Tiger launch day.