New PowerMacs any time soon?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MUrhino, Feb 24, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

MUrhino

At the risk of sounding stupid does anyone know if there is a suspected update of the PowerMac coming anytime soon? Enclosure? Thinking of getting one....is a combo drive necessary/worth it? What about bluetooth module? Is the module inside of the enclosure or is it a usb dongle? Thanks!

2. macrumors 604

iJon

Re: New PowerMacs any time soon?

the bluetooth module is usb, but must be professionly installed. so if you dont get it with your order, you ahve to buy the external one from d-link.

iJon

3. macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

I haven't heard anything about more PowerMac updates. I'm pretty sure there won't be any more updates to the PowerMacs until the 970 is released (or at least until this fall/winter, whichever comes first). As for your question about the combo drive, I'm not sure what you mean by that, since all PowerMacs have at least a combo drive. If you meant the Superdrive, then I wouldn't say the Superdrive is worth it unless you intend to make movies and burn DVDs and such. But man...that $2699 PowerMac model looks pretty darn nice...a bit pricey though, so it's your call.

--Fred

4. macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The PowerMac's were just about about 3 or 4 weeks ago, so it's going to be several months before there is another update.

More than likely, the next update will be in the fall/winter when the 970 chip is introduced (if it is). It's then that we will most likely see a redesign of the enclosure.

5. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU