New Printer Advise

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Reuven, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Reuven macrumors member

Reuven

Well after droping my C60 Epson today mean while cleaning my desk looks like its time to get a new printer.

I want somthing to last me a long while & print great quality in both black & colour.

What do you guys think I should go for ?

2. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

HP anything for inkjets, CANON anything for lasers. you can't go wrong with that.

3. Reuven thread starter macrumors member

Reuven

Is there anything Bluetooth out there ? So can use it with my Powerbook ?

4. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

The newCanon i80 has a bluetooth option, osX compatibility, and is super portable...

If you're looking for something more desktop friendly, you could try the revision of the HP Deskjet 995C, the new version Deskjet 995CK supports Mac OsX.. its worth a look as well.

Edit: I noticed that the HP website has a blip about Bluetooth not being supported on Mac for the 995C, this is obviously incorrect. This printer does support osX.

5. Elbeano macrumors regular

You can buy bluetooth things to go on the printer port or USB to turn it into bluetooth. There aren't many bluetooth built in printers that I've seen. However, HP does make a nice little printer for under 200 now that has 802.11b, which would make a nice compliment to your powerbook. When I got mine it was a decision between getting this and the case that I wanted. Now I wish I would have gotten the printer, I could always have gotten the case later, but that 100 dollar rebate was only when I was buying the PB. Anyway, here it is:
    HP 5850

You can find it a little cheaper than that if you look around, but newegg is the best place to look at things that I have found. They always have nice pictures and reviews.