new printer

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by puckhead193, Jul 30, 2004.

1. macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    I did a search but nuthing came back with what i wanted for my I'm more then likely going to order my powerbook tomarrow (15"). I need a new printer for it. I love my hp photosmart 7960. But it big and bulky to take to college. I love HP printers, i had 2 and they lasted forever. I had many bad experiances with canon so i'm not getting another canon printer. I want something small and functional. I'm going to be doing some photo's but not a ton... i have my 7960 for that. Mosly text and web printouts. I was thinking of the HP PhotoSmart 7760. I get like $99 back so it would be like 90 bucks....I also like epson... (had one for my mac. LC....those were the days..... I think it had like 16 MB of ram...wounder if i could install panther on it.. j/k) what about Epson Stylus Photo R800 Inkjet or the Epson Stylus Photo R300 Inkjet?
  2. Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    If you want it for something other than photos, why buy a Photo model? The C86 should be out soon and should serve you well or you could buy the equivalent all-in-one, CX6600.