New Pro Mouse & Keyboard coming?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iN8, Jun 24, 2003.

1. iN8
    macrumors regular

I was looking for them and can't find them on Apple's website. They must not have been ready for the show, because i can't see them shipping G5's with the same Apple Keyboard and Mouse shipping with the eMac.

2. macrumors 6502

Maybe they'll introduce one at Macworld but only as an option, not as standard. But I don't think they'll even do that. It'd be nice but maybe they'll do something about that next year.

3. macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

You can't really tell, but if you look at the exposé video on the Mac OS X preview site, the keyboard keys look different. However the specs page says it ships with an Apple Pro Keyboard.

AppleMatt

4. macrumors regular

No USB 1.1 on G5 PowerMac

They will have to at least modify the current keyboard/mouse for USB 2.0. I just check the ports diagram @ apple.com and no USB 1.1.

5. macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

Re: No USB 1.1 on G5 PowerMac

They should, but they don't *have* to. 2.0 is backwards compatible. Plug a 1.x keyboard into a 2.0 port and it will work fine. And then there you have two USB 1.x ports on the keybord itself. It would be pretty lame though, for them to have 2.0 bulit on and waste one with a 1.x keyboard. I connect my keyboard through the USB port on my display though, personally.

6. macrumors member

um USB 1.1 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and if you read the specs. it says USB 1.1 on the keyboard

7. macrumors regular

I stand corrected

8. macrumors 6502

Re: No USB 1.1 on G5 PowerMac

No they don't, USB is backwards compatible.

9. macrumors regular

i'd like it if they changed the keyboard to aluminum like on the newer powerbooks. that stuff feels SO NICE to type on. also, i hate the white keyboards and mice a whole lot and hope they dump that ugliness. (personally, i love the black keys and mice, too, but the aluminum would be the best).

10. macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I hope Apple releases a bluetooth keyboard. A shame M$ beat them to it first despite Macs being the first to support bluetooth.

11. macrumors regular

USB 2.0 is backwards compatible with USB 1.1. Compatibility goes backwards, not forwards.