new product paper

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twoodcc, Mar 1, 2006.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

Hi, i mentioned this in my other thread, but i don't want to combine them. i have to come up with a new product and write a proposal for the product. any ideas?

2. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

i think i'm going to go with the iHome. a computer that you only use with a remote and it hooks up to the tv. it goes in your living room.

3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

so let's see. the ihome hardware:

intel core duo processor at 2.0 ghz
    1 gb of RAM standard - up to 4 GB
    160 gb SATA hd - up to 500 GB
    ATI Radeon X1800 graphics with 256MB GDDR3 memory - up to 512MB
    Built-in Wireless and Bluetooth 2.0
    Slot-load 8x double-layer DVD-RW drive
    built-in tv tuner with S-Video Input, Composite Input, Audio input
    built-in HDTV tuner with DTV,CATV,AV in

what do you think for the hardware?

4. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

and now for the software:

based on Mac OS X (which is based on UNIX)
    everything is managed from a bluetooth remote control. you can manage your tv, movies, photos, and music.

tv: you can pause, record, rewind, and watch live tv. also has a guide layout

movies: you can save videos on your iHome to watch whenever you want

photos: watch slideshows of your photos anytime. impress your friends with a great slideshow, made in minutes

Music: listen to your music whenever you want. very similar to itunes layout

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Putting in a $500 (retail) video card blows it out of the water in terms of price point. You simply do not need that kind of 3-D performance for 2-D media files.

This is not a gaming machine, and never will be. Let the gamers buy thieir NinteSonXboxes

6. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

so what do you suggest? remember, it has to be able to play and record HDTV

7. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well here it is, please tell me what you think:

Apple Computer has been releasing new products that have been changing the way people live their lives. They have come out with items that affect people’s digital lifestyle. I would like to introduce a new Apple product that will take what Apple has done to the next level.

The name of this product is iHome. It is a computer that is used in the living room that is connected to the television. This product allows the user to watch, record, pause, and rewind live TV. It is also able to play music, view photos, and play videos and DVD’s. The iHome is controlled only by a remote; no keyboard or mouse is needed like an ordinary computer.

The iHome uses the latest in today’s computer technology. It has an Intel Core Duo processor running at 2.0 GHz with 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM. It also has a 500GB Serial ATA hard drive that allows the user to store all of their files on. It has a slot-loading 8x double-layer SuperDrive that allows the user to watch DVD’s and make their own CD’s and DVD’s. The computer will contain an ATI Radeon X1800 graphics card with 512MB GDDR3 memory to display everything on the TV. The computer will contain built-in AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth 2.0 for wireless networking and connectivity. To connect the iHome to a satellite or cable television, it will have built-in TV tuner with S-Video Input, Composite Input, Audio input and built-in HDTV tuner with DTV, CATV, and AV input. It will also be able to watch and record HDTV programming.

The software the iHome will be running is based on Apple’s operating system: Mac OS X 10.4 – a.k.a. Tiger. Tiger is based on UNIX, which is the most reliable system around. It will also be based on Apple’s new software, Front Row, which puts all the media on the computer in front of everything else. Except with the iHome, there will be no applications running, it will just be the operating system itself.

Clearly, the iHome will change the way people interact with their home entertainment system. It will not only enhance the way that they use technology in the living room, but also make it easier to manage. With just a remote to control it, the iHome, with a simple interface, will take what Apple Computer has done to technology just one step further.

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

9. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

believe me, i did it myself. but what's wrong with asking others opinons on something that they might be interested in, and also maybe help me out in the process?

anything wrong with that?

10. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

no nothing at all, you were asking for suggestions and mine was a machine that would cause you to do your own homework. Think outside the box, it could be a computer of some kind even, maybe a mac...

haha ok sorry, I have no idea where I'm going with this either, g'day

11. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc