New products at WWDC?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by audiovox, May 5, 2005.

1. audiovox macrumors newbie

Hi guys, was just wondering, since Apple usually takes WWDC as a opportunity to release new hardware, whats the scoop on the product updates rumored for release during this year's WWDC on June 6th?

Also, any word on iBook updates then? Its been almost 200 days since the last one, sounds like perfect timing for a WWDC release, since nearly their whole consumer line has been recently updated.

Thanks in advance!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think that the hardware releases (if any,I think that over the years there have probably been more WWDCs without a hardware release) would be professionally oriented. WWDC is a conference for developers. Not for consumers. I would be very surprised to see an iBook update at WWDC (but not that surprised to see an update before then).

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I can always pray to the hula jesus on my dashboard that G5 powerbooks come out :p

but i think he is going to hold out on me

4. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

5. audiovox thread starter macrumors newbie

ahh, I see. thanks for the enlightenment!

i guess you're expecting an iBook update soon? what would be your guess on the spec updates?

6. djkny macrumors 6502

I was hoping there''d be a slight chance that dual core PB's would be announced. Announced but not available to ship before August.

By then, we hit Paris, and maybe a Mac Mini update, new iPods and the "announcement" of G5 for next Jan?

there's always hope.

7. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Well I don't really know personally. I mean, eMacs, iMacs, PowerMacs and PowerBooks have all been updated recently. Only thing left are the iBooks, but I strongly believe we'll see them Tuesday, as the iMacs/eMacs came out this tuesday, and the PowerMacs the tuesday before... in a sense a 3 in a row update I think we're going to see.

This would leave WWDC solely down to the developers, as it should be. Steve Jobs IS doing a keynote however, so this leads me to believe we'll see updates... G5 PowerBooks? iBooks then? New Mac minis? iPod photos? Motorola phone? Asteroid? New line up of ATI/Nvidia graphics cards (would be useful at dev conf)?

8. SeRgIo_42 macrumors member

About the almost eternal debate of PB G5....

Someday this is going to happen. It would be very nice to see at least a promise for 2006.

Even so, I can easily imagine months of waiting lists...and lots of bugs for rev A!

9. Tilmitt macrumors member

I really hope we get new PB's at WWDC...new shiny prettier slightly faster ones!

10. iBunny macrumors 65816

I think the Dual Core G5 will be introduced and show. But wont ship unil October in Powermacs.

11. JRM PowerPod macrumors 6502

Stay away from promises, see what happened to the 3ghz promise

Anyway everyone knows that a PowerBook G5 requires Longhorn, that's why its taking so long :p

12. yvovandoorn macrumors regular

Well maybe, just maybe, they are going to announce a dual core based box with a new name other then powermac.