New Products July 7th or Before?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Church, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Church macrumors regular

Church

From hardmac.com

2. themacman macrumors 6502

it could be a video ipod or the apple asteroid

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

With Apple there is just no way of knowing what the new hardware or software might end up being. I'm not a betting person. I'll just wait and be surprised.

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I believe it might be updated iPod minis to come with flash memory.

5. Bowser macrumors member

i hope its an updated iPod shuffle. i would buy one of those in an instant if it had some sort of screen on it.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

an low cost laptop!!! or the 5th gen iPod( with iTunes 4.9) or th iPod phone

7. BenAKL macrumors member

BenAKL

8. Superhob macrumors regular

I don't know if this is related to the upcoming July 7th annuoncement by Apple but Amazon is having a sale on Apple accessories such as Mice, Keyboards and LCD displays. The sale starts today and ends on the night of July 4th....

Here is the link 5% Apple Accessories Sale

I don't know if the two are related, but it doesn't hurt to speculate.... :cool:

9. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

SOme new keyboards and mice would be cool, i am curious to see what apple do with a re-design should look pretty sweet maybe a two button scroll wheel mouse to replace my evil microsoft mouse...

SHadOW :eek:

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Don't hold your breath. ;)
    But i would love to see a BT 2 button + scroll wheel mouse :D

11. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

iPhone is my bet.

I think the next update to Tiger will be part of the iTunes for mobile device update, and with other rumors of the new phone finally coming out, I think that we will see it.

Rumour is its a Moto E398 with 512MB of memory. Not a bad phone, especially if they have tweaked it a bit more.
    http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-e398-en.shtml

12. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

13. gamestriker macrumors regular

Like I said in an earlier post, probably not. This will almost surely be an iPod + iTunes only affiar. In my opinion, iPod + iTunes brand is the only one that is high profile enough for Apple to call a special media event for it (76% of the music player market (according to Jobs) shows you how high profile iPod + iTunes is). All other hardware/software updates have been done through big conferences/mac-related events, or as quiet updates on the website.

14. icarusflies macrumors member

2 buttoned mouse... from apple?
    Next you'll be asking for intel chips in your macs!!!
    :D

15. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

The fact that the Go Save rebate stated that items must be shipped before the 25th (not just ordered), makes me think that it must be one of the systems covered by the Go Save rebate. In other words, if you ordered from the online store on the 25th, in all likelyhood if they were updating on Tuesday, they would wait with your order till Tuesday and send you the new item. It may be a stretch, but I have apparently nothing better to do than speculate on updates.

I'm going with iBook's.