New products on the 28th anything to do with....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ajo, Feb 26, 2006.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Are the new products that are going to be released on the 28th anything to do with iPod adverts suddenly being on UK television a lot more recently.

I hardly ever see an iPod advert, but the past week or to they are on all the time.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

It has to do with the iKettle.

"Making tea is as easy as choosing your favorite songs."

3. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

..and of course there is the American equivalent, the iPercolator; making coffee has never been easier.

4. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

There is a very strong suspicion in my mind that we will onyl see iPod and ITMS stuff on the 28th. So that would fit.

Why, because Steve made MacWorld about macs. They onyl release the radio thingy for iPods. The mac channels are swamped with macbooks and imacs at present. They need to keep something Mac related for 1 April/30th anniversary.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i was thinking of maybe a nano update along with something new

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

But they have had iPod things for the past 2 years practically. I think they need to keep the focus on the Macintosh. And hope that they do.
    I think the Mac Mini is a start, although not that exciting, but whatever. Another media device of some sort. I guess...
    All I can say is, I can wait.

7. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Well, the iPod is a big seller for Apple, so it wouldn't surprise me if they continue to focus heavily on the iPod.

8. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Except you can't get Mac minis in bulk orders. That means they are in short supply and are going to be updated soon.

No. They've done plenty with the Mac in the last 2 years. Panther, Tiger, Mac mini, G5 iMac, Quad G5 ... etc. The Intel transition will bring even more innovation.

the iPod and Mac lines complement each other, they are working together! It's not iPod vs. Mac.

9. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I agree the iPod is definitely good for the Mac, and they are on the same team, there is not competition there.

But the Mac stuff is more unpredictable, and might introduce new enhancements. That is what I want to see, rather than expecting.

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I think it would be wise to expect announcements related to both Macs and iPods. A new Mac mini and an iPod Boombox are both widely expected.

11. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I've noticed a massive ramp up in iPod + iTunes ads here in Oz. I've never actually seen an iPod ad on TV here, the "Sparks" one is on a number of times a night now so I reckon something is coming.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well something "fun" is coming, and it sure won't be anything non-media related. There will be:

- Mac Mini updates, probably significant changes and new features.
    - new iPod of some sort + an update to iPod Nano (although that may not be announced on Feb 28th)
    - possibly a new portable interactive device that could be used like a PDA in theory, but will probably serve as more of a video/movie and general media-type player.

I don't think the rumours have given us much else otherwise.