New products

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by PumaCode, Feb 26, 2002.

1. PumaCode macrumors newbie

Feb 26, 2002
    I am a new member here but the following is a fact according to Apple's internal e-mail:

There are two new iPods coming before the end of March. The first will carry a 10Gb HD inside and support Mac. The iPod software has a built-in equalizer. The other iPod has the same specs but it is meant for PCs. iTunes 2.0.4 will be also released very soon to support these new devices and to fix few bugs.

Many may have been wondering what Apple is going to do with the LCD display line. Answer is here:

A new Flat Panel is coming out carrying a codename P63. No info on the screen size nor the schedule.

These are real facts and I'm not going to spread any rumors. You can either believe it or deny it. See it with your own eyes.
  2. OSUbuckeyefan macrumors regular

Dec 7, 2001
    Cool!! I've been hoping for a new flat panel for some time. I hope they bring it out soon. Thanks for the info!
  3. theranch macrumors 6502

Jan 3, 2002
    Atlantic City area
    apple e-mail

Forward those messages to me...j/k
    How about a new tower?
  4. unclepain macrumors member

Jan 23, 2002
    Va Beach VA
    why the 2 different iPods?

Couldn't they just package WIndows software in the same box with the current Mac version? The only reason I can think of why they would have 2 versions is that they would format the hard drive with Fat32 instead of Apple's HFS+. That way they can use it as an external hard drive like the Mac users can. Think of the confusion though when a peecee user brings home the Mac version by accident. Still, I think they might sell boat loads of them. Now if only they would lower the price about 50 bucks....
  5. spikey macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2001
    What improvements would be in a new flat panel?

Im assuming it wont just be another bigger version, will it?
  6. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2001
  7. Taft macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002

I'm very excited about an EQ in the iPod. I hope that its available for the older iPod via a software upgrade...

8. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Oh jeez.. I hope not! a 19" inch, please... a 17" wide screen would only be a 15" screen stretched sideways... I am really really hoping for a 1600x1200 display from Apple.. 19" preferably, but even a 21" would be good.
  9. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    If possible could you E-mail this to me (

Thanks for the insider info, I hope we see a 19".
  10. rustypixel macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2002
    19" please!

I hope, dearly, that the new display will be a 19". That would fill the gap between the 17" and the oh-so-sexy-but-out-of-my-reach 22" cinema display! Personally hardware purchases are on hold until the G5's comes out. Whenever that will be.