New Quark Upgrade, NO MANUAL??

Discussion in 'Community' started by 2manywords, Jul 12, 2003.

1. 2manywords macrumors newbie

Just read a post on MacNN.com where Adam Yelli talks about receiving his Quark 6.0 CD via UPS yesterday. He says "The upgrade version ($500) does not come with a manual or any documentation".

Are you kidding me? A totally rewritten upgrade for OSX and no manual? Unbelievable don't you think?

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

That would be insane if it is true.

Quark is a dense program it needs documents.

3. 2manywords thread starter macrumors newbie

According to the post I quoted it's true, check it out at macNN.com under the header "Reader receives Quark 6 upgrade CD"

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Lord knows they haven't had enough time to make a manual...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

;)

scem0

5. 2manywords thread starter macrumors newbie

Par for the course I guess with Quark. Charge an arm and a leg for software and don't bother to include the manual. (software of this depth should ALWAYS include a manual, at least to show the new, changed and revised portion of the software at a minimum).

6. iGav macrumors G3

They're probably using Quark 6 to produce it, that's why it's taking some time! heh-heh!!

*slaps wrists for being naughty*

7. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    iGAV ... ~shakes my head~ ;)

welcome to the party. i pointed this fact out ages ago when it was finally up on Apple's site. Look at the packaging, it's a DVD case (oh, and i don't think it's just the upgrade, i'm pretty sure the full version comes this way too). yes it sucks ass, but unfortunately way too many companies are doing this now. look at Microsoft Office, no manual, and personally i could really do with one for that app.

if you really want a manual, and i can't think of anyone that wouldn't, you'll have to go and spend another 40 bucks on it :(
    and of course you have to register it to enable the hi-res previews, which again, is something i can't see anyone not wanting. :rolleyes:

w*nkers.

i'll still be upgrading though i would think :mad:

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I hate to even suggest such a thing, but does it come with a pdf version of a manual? I've noticed some smaller grade software packages coming that way, in order to save money on printing I suppose. :(

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Probably, or there are trying to stupid mind trick!

*yuo don't know how to run the software now, MWHAHAAHAH*

:p

Seriously tho, everyone is cutting back on everything, even PAPER! :eek: