Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
i know that there are diff. revisions of the macbook pro, but they are not all big announcements, and if that's true are the ones out now void of that noice/heat issues, my mom's gets much hotter than my powerbook, but i'm going to need windows in the comming weeks, so, i looked at the buyers guide and noticed it sayed don't buy update comming soon, but with the keynote done with and no mbp update, is it possible there won't be another update for a while?:confused:

thanks

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
When I heard "more comeing in the next few weeks." I understood it as more UB apps from develpors. Not Intel updates.

I sure hope a Rev B MBP comes out before Paris.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
We're all waiting for Merom, that will be the next update it seems. However, Merom is more or less just a chip, and I doubt it will be released with a lot of fuss. If they do release it with fuss - it will be at Paris (mid-Sept). If they don't, it should come within a few weeks.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
I wonder if there will be as much hype, look at when the MB was released, Apple silently hiked the speed of the processor you were allowed on the MBP. Do you think 'silently' they would just update to Merom, or would they want ot make fuss?

When is the Paris Expo just out of interest?

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.