New Revolution Spec Rumours?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Poff, May 12, 2005.

1. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I just saw some new Revolution rumours in a Norwegian paper. I'll try to give a rough translation of it. One highlight, tho: G5's! Four of them!
    I think it's strange if they've landed their final specs allready, but who knows? I for sure know nothing about how they work in such companies, and when things are final..

The four processors could very well mean 2xdual core G5's btw.. :D

I'm not that good at translating, but you get the meaning at least. For those interested in the Norwegian article, the link is right here:

http://www.dagbladet.no/weblogg/spill/?show=blogg&id=7002000000242 :D

2. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

picture removed - I realized it was just a mock-up.. :(

3. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Yeah I am sure they will have 5ghz G5s in a year :rolleyes: The revolution will be interesting to watch... Perhaps we will learn more at E3.

4. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

It's 2,5GHz, not 5 GHz.

Edit: My biggest concern is that it might just be powerpc processors, but not G5's. (As XBox turned out to be.)

5. cubist macrumors 68020

Agree with Poff, likely they mean a multi-core PPE chip (like G3's). The mention of G5 is strange, since that's an Apple term, not a Nintendo or IBM term. But by the time it comes thru Norwegian and Chinese, it's likely too corrupt to be understandable. Besides, the Chinese leakers haven't been too credible.

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The specs are false. They were originally posted apparently by 'Aries'...except that Aries posted a page down that that poster was an imposter using his name. He stated repeatedly that he never posted specs. But people didn't read that far down and have been quoting those specs.

So ignore those specs.

The whole thing with Square Enix is a true quote though!

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The same thing happened with the XBox. Three PowerPC processors were the specs but when people repeat it they substitute G5 for PowerPC, and as a result the world things the XBox 360 has three G5's.

8. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

Thanks for clearing that up. I posted it in the comments on the page, but I doubt people will listen too much to me. :)

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Sure :) But I hope that Nintendo DOES use a PPU. It's unlikely that they will, but if they did, that would be incredible.

10. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

I hope they use four 970MP clocked at 2GHz.. :D [​IMG]

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Four, heck no :p That would cost a fortune. Two would make me very very happy :D

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm very interested that Square Enix is backing up Nintendo.

The Rev. should have some nice RPG's then! Maybe a sequel to Mario RPG? Please? That game was freakin' awesome. (can anyone remember if it was SquareSoft or Square Enix? I get mixed up.)

That also completely debunks the "Revolution is different therefore no third parties will support it" line of thinking some seem to have.

Whoohoo!

Throw SE behind Rare, EA, Majesco, and the others...

13. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Mario RPG was done by Squaresoft. Few years ago, Enix and Squaresoft merged.

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Excellent. Then we could seen another Mario RPG!

15. crachoar macrumors 6502a

I hope so - but I doubt it.

Nintendo has since made their own 'rpg' in the form of (the lackluster) 'Paper Mario' - which for one reason or another - sells... :(

Mario RPG is still one of my most favorite games of all time. Personally, I would settle for a direct port to the next GameBoy (along with Chrono Trigger and FF6 and perhaps FF7).

The closest game to 'Mario RPG' is 'Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga'. It's a good game - just not anywhere near as nice as 'RPG' is.