New Rio MP3 review on CNET

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by menoinjun, Apr 14, 2002.

1. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2001
    Ok, so on CNET's front page they say that this Rio P.O.S. might replace the iPod as thier favorite mp3 player, and yet here is the review:

"USB 1.0 too slow for 20GB transfers; doesn't autosync to a PC's music collection; could be smaller; interface requires learning curve."

How could this replace the iPod as their favorite? It conquers all of these shortcomings and then some!! I think that CNET is suffering from Apple envy. Luckily the rating are very mixed.

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2002
    Buffy's bedroom
    The only way you could like the new Rio over the iPod is if you had 10+ GBs of MP3s. I don't think there are many people in the world that have anywhere near 20 GBs of MP3s.
  3. Baseline macrumors member

Apr 9, 2002
    Southern Ontario
    Hehe, I actually have a few friends who have right around 20...

You know though, I'm looking at the article now, no where does it say that it will replace the iPod as their favourite. Look carefully, it just says that

They don't think that themselves.

And the conclusion says

Sometimes I think that people here are a little to eager to get into a fight over an Apple product...
  4. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    I can't see myself downloading 20gig of this when its only usb
    it would take days to do
    and you can't sync playlists and its not a easy as the ipod

Just because of the windows support it the best:mad:
  5. menoinjun thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2001
    Acutally I did understand the review, and if you were on this site for a while you would know that I am the last person to start a fight.

P.S. This doesn't qualify.