New Satan Sam screenies

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just thought I'd put up some new screenshots of my game for your viewing enjoyment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will have this complete in a week or 3 :) just adding more to the graphics/effects and that.

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

That looks good.

How did you make it? which program etc

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm making the game in Multimedia Fusion, logical based programming rather than direct C++ coding. speeds up development somewhat! its PC only but if rumour has it; there will be an OSX compiler for games released this year. they say!

4. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

keep up the good work!

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You tease ;)

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

looks like its coming along nicely. good work.

7. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

thats cool, is it gonna be for sale, or freeware

p.s. please have it as freeware

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Freeware, but I do accept donations through paypal ;) hey! don't look at me like that I've been working heavily on this since May 2005! :p

with any luck we're to be getting a GP2X compiler too, to play it on the go like.

a trailer here incase you missed it first time round http://satansam.co.uk/vids/fulltrailer.mov (old graphics, old effects, old enemy sprites ;) )

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

Wow jimmi, that looks really great. Any chance we will see a DS port? ;)

10. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

If it was coded in C or C++, that wouldn't be too hard, but sadly it's not, so I doubt he will :(

12. GonzoRob macrumors 6502

GonzoRob

what about a PSP version? .. im toying with the idea of buying one . I used to be into the GP32 dev scene but the systems lack of power evenutally killed it for me (I attempted to port Little Big Adventure - it was a no go)
    The new GP looks good, but the PSP dev scene is growing strong (especially now they've hacked the latest BIOS to run dev games)..
    R

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Nah I doubt there will be a PSP compiler. GP2X, OSX are the only new compilers coming out. the GP2X resolution is perfect for my game too, it would just look pants on the PSP screen :) its only 320x200 (GBA resolution).

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

That's actually closer to DS resolution than GBA.

And there ARE compilers for DS and GBA...;)
    Well, C++ compilers :(

15. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Few more :) Nearing completion now! just adding in final effects and i've to make the final cutscene.

[​IMG]
    Demonstrating a new enemy that can block rockets. with the yellow eyes and blue shield and all

[​IMG]
    Section near the end of the game, where you find out what exactly happened. yes its one of those kinda games :D :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    New level. Tribute to a song in Turrican 3 (The Bionic Train). very basic level with a very beautiful song to go with it.

I've actually realised that is a little similar to Cave Story. Not really in gameplay but the smaller things. Background objects are infront of the player (a la Yoshi's Island, I actually removed this about half way though development but have added it in cuz it just looks better), some weapons send you skywards, there are lots of underground moments... I only heard of Cave Story about 2 months ago too! I suppose where Cave Story is like Metroid, Sam is like Turrican.