New sceens to have biult in iSight!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by G5Unit, Oct 18, 2005.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

For the monitors, it's an OK idea. A monitor's not going anywhere.

But for the PowerBooks, it's a BAD idea unless they make it optional. Far too many locations now prohibit bringing in anything with a camera on it... no cellcameras, no digital cameras, etc. Some people are going to find that they can't take their PB to work because of camera restrictions.

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

interesting point, but i doubt it will be a real issue.

places that have such stringent security restractions don't allow media devices of any kind- computer with built-in camera or not. and those places that do allow computers, usually have to be company models, equipped with monitoring software, etc.

just my experience, might be different in other places.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I have never been a fan of Cameras built into laptops everything else is fair game

but what is bad is if you can't tilt the iSight down, I plan on getting a 30" ACD some time and it will be pointing 4-5 feet over my head if i can't tilt it, as i like my monitors to be tilted up slightly and well i will be lower than the iSight level

4. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

BTW, is iMac w/ the built-in iSight comes with the microphone? I have a Sony Notebook with built-in camera but without the mic. function.

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Good point... how does that work on the new iMacs, anyway? Is the camera software-steerable, or can you manually tilt and pan it?

6. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i would assume its solid... you can't move it.... based on the idea that apple may of thought that you were properly positioning you computer...

[​IMG]

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I doubt when i get the 30" ACD no amount of proper positioning is going to make me get to the level of the top of that Monster

8. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

just grab a few phone books :rolleyes:

i doubt the iSights will go into the pro line. It just doesn't seem...... it just seems different.

I could see a update on the iSight w/ a price drop and possibly a new form factor, but one built into a display, i doubt it.