New Season of Arrested Development starting Monday!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MattG, Sep 17, 2005.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Is anyone here as excited as I am? I'm really happy it got renewed for another season instead of suffering the same fate that so many good Fox shows seem to suffer. I'm anxious to see where it picks up from last season after so many important things happened (Oscar going to jail and George Sr. escaping again, Buster's hand getting bitten off by a seal, etc.).

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

dude, i'm such a geek. you should've seen my face when i saw the title of this thread! :D i'm so excited! w00t! :cool:

anyone who's an arrested development fan should chime in here..i think there's probably quite a lot of us.. :D

mm, i think i'll prepare by having an arrested development 'marathon' tomorrow ;)

3. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Yeah maybe I will too. I've got season one on DVD and season two on my computer (I'll have the DVDs whenever they'r released!). Hopefully the episode order won't get cut this time :mad:

4. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Just watched tonight's episode, and it was super. Arrested Development truly is the funniest show of all time. I love all the little inside jokes.

MattG; I miss your old tar.

5. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Hehe I might have to resurrect it :)

Tonights episode was awesome. I loved the whole sequence with all the Bluth boys sitting on the porch, waiting to go to the cabin. That plus the end, Maeby unknowingly making out with another one of her cousins. Great premiere!

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

When I bought my iMac, we were on a shopping trip, we got back to the hotel and I of course unpacked the iMac to play with it... but I had spent far too much so I couldn't pay $10 for internet (what Master Suite doesn't come with complimentary wifi?), all I had was season 1 of arrested development (my boyfriend watches TV, I don't much)... so of course I popped it in and watched a few episodes... I really love this show, somehow, maybe it was the smell of fresh plastic or something... Anyway point is the season premier was pretty good.

:)

7. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

The Volvo joke was pretty good too. "Eh I don't know, it's kinda boxy." :D

8. angelneo macrumors 68000

Arrrghh... I got to wait for the dvd release.... it's killing meeee.......

9. jim. macrumors 6502

10. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I love Arrested Development so much!

First season I was like "bla, htis is dumb" but I really got into the last few episodes of the season.

ever since, it's been WOO HOO! Arrested Development!

Great show tonight, BTW

12. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Honestly, I thought tonight's episode was kinda weak by AD standards. There were a few laugh out loud moments, but I'm getting tired of them using the same jokes over and over...some of them are getting kind of worn out.

Still, better than most other stuff on TV. The shot at Donald Rumsfeld on tonight's episode was amusing, plus Tobias' hair plugs. He's so pathetic...

13. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

So I've been curious about this show for a while now because I've never seen it.

I'm watching it now but I don't really get the whole premise of the show.

Someone please enlighten me. :eek:

14. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Well first off, this is definitely one of those shows that is nowhere near as funny unless you've been watching all along. Even in the third season, so many of the jokes and comments you hear are references to things that happened in the first season. Do yourself a favor and go rent/buy Season 1 and Season 2 (when it's released next month) and watch them in a marathon one day!!

Basically, the show revolves around a family called the Bluths. George Sr., the head of the household, gets sent to prison for 'illegal business practices', leaving his son Michael, the only real responsible person in the family, to run the business and take care of the family while he's in jail. His mother Lucille is a drunk /socialite. Michael's sister, Lindsay, is a spoiled little rich girl who has never worked a day in her life and has no sense of how money works. Her husband Tobias also lives with them; he used to be a psychiatrist until he lost his license after accidently giving CPR to someone who didn't really need it. Michael's brother GOB is a failed magician who is constantly undermining Michael, trying to get money out of him, and more or less just makes life miserable for him. Michael's other brother, Buster, is a mama's boy who has lived a sheltered life and doesn't really know how to cope in the real world. He also has a son, George Michael, and a niece, Maeby (who George Michael secretly has a crush on), living in the house. The show revolves around Michael trying to keep the business afloat while dealing with his crazy-assed family.

Honestly, it's the best comedy I've ever watched. Even the weaker episodes are far better than most anything else on TV. Do yourself a favor and go buy Season One!

15. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I can't believe I missed it and didn't record it. I guess off to Bittorrent I go...

16. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

After being off for nearly a month because of Baseball (snore) Arrested Development is back, yay!

The second episode was hilarious.

17. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

The whole Godzilla sequence in the second episode last night was hysterical.

I thought both episodes were great, although I'll be glad when they wrap up the "For British Eyes Only" story line. I'm a fan of Dave Thomas from way back in his SCTV days, and Charlize Theron's a cutie, but that story line just isn't working at all for me.

18. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

I'm out of town and missed it, but it's waiting for me on my TiVo at home!! Will watch first thing when I get back :)

19. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I've seen the first season and loved it. Didn't find it uproariously funny but it's a very smart kind of funny. The little things you don't notice at first are fantastic. Henry Winkler's lawyer character has so many of them, the fonzy thing with his hair at the courthouse, jumping over the picture of the shark on the footpath. Brilliant.

We only get it semi-regularly on TV, tonight was the last ep of the 1st season so it will be interesting to see what they do. I have the 1st season on DVD and will hopefully be picking up the 2nd when it comes out if it's not too expensive.

20. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

It's already out ($27.99 at Amazon.com).

21. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Not here it's not. We tend to get things a fair bit after you guys.

22. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

My bad, I didn't think about that. :eek:

23. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Having Annyong back could be funny. I don't really find the british element too funny either, but I love the actors playing their characters. Hopefully it'll get back on track shortly.

24. angelneo macrumors 68000

I think even the writers have forgotten about Annyong... which means he is doing well in the school....

25. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

No, Annyong is back. He's the mole. hah