New 'Senna' returns to race track.

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Apr 20, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I wonder if he will come to F1 any time soon. If he is any good, hopefully one of the smaller teams will pick him up for next year.

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

The FIA won't give him a Super License yet, he's only just hitting the racetracks (karting) now at 20 after being banned by the Senna family from racing, so he'll need a few years in lower Formulas before he even gets anywhere near an F1 car.

But if he shows well in the lower Formula it could happen in the next 4-5 years and he'll only be 25 then, so time is on his side in that respect, but he's missed out on alot of racing though in comparison to many drivers who start 5-6 years old.

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

even though other racers may get in karts very young, if this Senna really has it 'in his blood' then it shouldn't take too long for him to show his stuff, especially if he's well managed and has a good coach/trainer type person.

not that i'm really into F1... but i always like to see a good race. :D

5. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

As long as he doesn't expect to ride on the Senna name then all he has to do is prove himself... I wonder if he's done any track action like practices etc on empty tracks, or whether he really is a track virgin??

Either way, it'll be a few years yet until the FIA grant him a Super License, but imagine having another Senna on the grid?? incredible... we've already got a Piquet and Rosberg coming through, we had Villeneuve Jr. and Hill Jr.... now we might be seeing a new Senna... :D

6. Applexilef macrumors regular

wow, this is awesome news, maybe one day he'll school schumacher just like his uncle did.

I have decreasingly stopped watching Formula 1 ever since Senna died and no one stepped up against Schumacher. I still have hopes in Montoya and Barichello, but someone with the last name of Senna is going to give Schumacher goosebumps.