New setup; what am I missing?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rylin, Oct 6, 2006.

1. rylin macrumors 6502

Aug 18, 2006
    so as I work for a really great company in a somewhat left-leaning country, I've managed to get myself a really sweet deal on some Apple toys.
    Basically (provided I've done my maths correctly), I'll get a iMac 24", 2GB ram, 7600GT with AppleCare (the rest configured as standard) for slightly less than $1600 instead of the (in this annoying country) $2600.

That said, I figure I might as well have a lot of fun with the machine, so I'm looking at making a few purchases to go along with it ;-)

So far, my list contains an EyeTV Hybrid, possibly a vesa mount (and a arm for it) and a minidvi to dvi adapter.

Now, I've really got the urge to buy more stuff, but I can't possibly figure out what to get to make it more complete :p

Suggestions/ideas are welcome, as long as they have a decent price/performance or price/enjoyment ratio ;-)
    P.S., I don't want/need the 500GB drive, as I've already got a ton of HDs at home.
  2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2002
    Almere, The Netherlands
    A radioshark is always nice when you want to listen to FM radio, and or an EyeTV. If your are fed up with the standard mice of Apple I suggest you can get a Razer Pro Mouse. Furthermore a nice set of speakers.

Also very important, what are you planning on doing with it?
  3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Buy an external HD and just go wireless and get a Wireless KB and mouse. If you feeling more lovely than you do now then purchased an ipod with the dock.

4. rylin thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 18, 2006
    Already got a MS 6000 mouse and some Logitech z-5550 speakers; it's insanely difficult to think of something else :(

What I'll be doing with it is working from home for a few hours per day (Systems Administrator; nothing too demanding at home - the fun happens at the office ;)),
    but a fair bit of development for my own sake (web development, also learning Obj-C), the obvious Front Row use, video & photo fun from holidays etc.