New setup; what am I missing?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rylin, Oct 6, 2006.

1. rylin macrumors 6502

Right,
    so as I work for a really great company in a somewhat left-leaning country, I've managed to get myself a really sweet deal on some Apple toys.
    Basically (provided I've done my maths correctly), I'll get a iMac 24", 2GB ram, 7600GT with AppleCare (the rest configured as standard) for slightly less than $1600 instead of the (in this annoying country) $2600.

That said, I figure I might as well have a lot of fun with the machine, so I'm looking at making a few purchases to go along with it ;-)

So far, my list contains an EyeTV Hybrid, possibly a vesa mount (and a arm for it) and a minidvi to dvi adapter.

Now, I've really got the urge to buy more stuff, but I can't possibly figure out what to get to make it more complete :p

Suggestions/ideas are welcome, as long as they have a decent price/performance or price/enjoyment ratio ;-)
    P.S., I don't want/need the 500GB drive, as I've already got a ton of HDs at home.

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

A radioshark is always nice when you want to listen to FM radio, and or an EyeTV. If your are fed up with the standard mice of Apple I suggest you can get a Razer Pro Mouse. Furthermore a nice set of speakers.

Also very important, what are you planning on doing with it?

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Buy an external HD and just go wireless and get a Wireless KB and mouse. If you feeling more lovely than you do now then purchased an ipod with the dock.

Apps
    Photoshop
    Office:mac

Bless

4. rylin thread starter macrumors 6502

Already got a MS 6000 mouse and some Logitech z-5550 speakers; it's insanely difficult to think of something else :(

What I'll be doing with it is working from home for a few hours per day (Systems Administrator; nothing too demanding at home - the fun happens at the office ;)),
    but a fair bit of development for my own sake (web development, also learning Obj-C), the obvious Front Row use, video & photo fun from holidays etc.