New Shuffle Car Integration?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iStudent, Sep 27, 2006.

1. iStudent macrumors newbie

Long time reader, first time poster here...

I'm thinking about getting a new Shuffle for my dad this Christmas because he has a decent song collection (most likely enough for the Shuffle), but he doesn't want to lug around all of his CDs (especially since his truck does not have a CD player). I have a Griffin iTrip that I use for my 5G iPod to have my music broadcast to my own car radio that has worked very well for me (since I don't have a tape deck, for the other method). Does anyone know of any products out or any planned products for the new "belt-clip" Shuffle that can play tunes over the radio?

2. DubbaJ macrumors newbie

I haven't seen anything officially announced yet, but I'd be willing to bet my right leg that there will be without a doubt.

Most companies will hop all over any chance to release new iPod accessories!

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

FM broadcasting of iPods is like so over rated.

i have yet to see one that delivers clear and crisp sound to your speakers.

try to either find or already have a car head unit (cd player etc) that has an AUX in, typically a pair of RCAs.

With that you can buy the mini-jack to RCA cord and go from iPod to car with no transmission across the air.

4. iStudent thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not a big audio buff, but the setup I have in my car works beautifully. No skips, no horrible quality... I'm certainly pleased with my iTrip.

If I don't see any of these products out by the Christmas season for the Shuffle (unlikely, but you never know)... are there any out for the new Nanos that anyone would suggest are great?