New Smash Bros Brawl info

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jun 5, 2006.

1. macrumors Core

Dagless

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151198

NOOOOOOOOooooooooo, say it isn't so! an easier Smash Bros?! Slowed down?!?!? Smash Bros Melee was so perfect, messing with that is going to hurt us old pro's at the expensive of a wider audience.
    Then again I suppose getting everyone in my house to play would be fun, instead of just my girlfriend whenever she's round.

2. macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

No where in there does it mention that gameplay will be slowed down, just made a bit easier. More than likely, this simply means that it won't be so easy for characters to be "locked" into combo's that they can't get out of when someone is repeatedly hitting them. It perhaps it might be easier to perform some moves.

3. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Where does it say slowed down?

And btw, the original Smash Bros was the same way. Electric Playground gave it a score of 2/10 calling it 'kiddie crap' and stating it was oversimplified because the players didn't have to memorize complex button combos :rolleyes:

EDIT: Check out some of the sad comments.

4. macrumors 604

zap2

NO!! i want a DS Super Smash Bro!

But i like Roy, i'm really hoping for Sonic and Shadow/Taills

5. macrumors regular

clykins90

Sonic? Forget sonic.

What about Mega Man???? He'd be the ultimate smash bros character!

6. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I demand Sonic.

And maybe MegaMan...I prefer MegaMan Zero. Zero pwns X and the original MegaMan any day.

7. macrumors 65816

I dont think we will see megaman in there though. Capcom is pretty protect of it stuff and Megaman is Capcom biggest icon

8. macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Make it easier? Wasn't it already easy enough?

And why wouldn't they make a SSB for the DS?

9. macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I'm hoping for maybe a Resident Evil char, since RE4 was such a big hit. My girlfriend and I are really going to enjoy this game, I'm glad to hear its going to be alittle more beginner friendly.

10. macrumors 6502a

sb58

they said that they're not ruling that out as an option, which means its possible...:rolleyes:

and having Megaman would be alot like Samus(old one not the Zero Suit Samus)
    Sonic, Shadow, Tails, or Knuckles, would all bring a new aspect to the game because all those characters are waaaaaaay too fast and that'd be an interesting thing to see incorporated into it.

11. macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm not really disappointed in this article in that I believe the learning curve of the controller will put an extra difficulty on the game....plus I'm sure they will have additional difficulty levels

12. thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Thats the thing daddio, Smash Bros Brawl uses the Shell controller. apparently. The maker guy said he didn't want to change it too much.

... so dropping some 1st party characters, adding 3rd party characters and making it easier are fine to him.

Hey, at least we can still play Smash Bros Melee in progressive scan, and without those crapping diagonal lines on LCD's through non-digital connections! w00ts.

... A little OT, but is the Wii the only 100% BC machine in the next gen? It has slots for GC memory cards and controllers, whereas the PS3 loses the rumble and memory card slots. And the 360 has a mini list of BC games. hmm.

13. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It just might be. An interesting reversal from the previous generation.

14. macrumors 6502a

saunders45

It's designed with the "Retro" Controller....

15. macrumors 68020

Dude, YES!!!!!!!

16. 7on
    macrumors 601

7on

ummm, hello? Mike from Star Tropics.

Attached Files:

17. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

And can also be played with the GameCube controller.

18. macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm still going to purchase this game because so far the SSB franchise is batting 1.000

19. macrumors 6502a

it's so darn annoying when people finally saw samus aran for the first time without the suit, and have no clue who she is. all their minds are filled of that moment is..."can you be my girlfriend?" :mad:

20. thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Well frankly, Suitless Samus appears in 1 Metroid game right? Even then it's at the end of Zero Mission. at first I thought it was Joanna Dark before the name popped up. I mean since when did Samus have a light-sword? (or Joanna for that matter)

21. macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I thought that you could unlock suitless Samus in both Metroid and Super Metroid? Now I have to go look it up... EDIT: Did a quick Google, I definately remembered suitless Samus from the orig. Metroid, and confirmed that, and I could have sworn I've seen 16-bit suitless Samus, but didn't get any hits on that right away.

So, armorless Samus in at least 2 games, if not 3.

22. macrumors 68040

As far as I know, there'd be no weapons for her to use if she didn't have a light-sword or a gun. I mean, at least Peach has magic abilities, but samus without her suit has no super strengths. That's not to say that she couldn't beat someone down without her suit, but the suit plays a big role in defining who samus is.

I also remember hearing about the use of the cube controllers with SSBS, so that's probably a good thing for those of us who are used to the control scheme.

And a DS version of SSB would be totally awesome.

23. macrumors 68020

srobert

Well, to be fair:

Video game characters get new moves and weapons all the time ;) And that's fine. As an example, I'm pretty glad Link got his hookshot added at some point. Fun weapon.

24. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

If you type as your password,

JUSTIN BAILEY
    ------ ------

in the original NES Metroid, you could play suitless Samus.

In Metroid Zero Mission for the GBA you can also play suitless Samus for certain parts.
    [​IMG]

25. macrumors 68040

Let's just hope this doesn't happen.