New Speakers or griffin firewave?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BeefUK, Oct 25, 2006.

1. BeefUK macrumors member

I'm looking to buy some new speakers. I currently have creative labs 5.1 surround sound speakers (around 3years old), but am looking at Harman Multimedia JBL 2.1 Creature Speakers II. I am not sure whether to buy the harman's or buy a griffin firewave adaptor and keep my creative labs speakers.

Here in the UK, the firewave adaptor is £40, but the harman speaker would be £55. Any help would be great, I do watch films and TV on my mini through a monitor, I am unsure whether the harman speakers will be upto my old creative labs speakers.

2. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

Got my girlfriend some Creature II's a while back and she loves them! They are much better then the built in stereo speakers on her TV but fall far short of living up to my digital out to 5.1 amp and some lovely speakers :D Can't say which would be better but if you want really high quality sound they're not up to the job. For what they are they are cool and look sexy next to an iBook.

3. BeefUK thread starter macrumors member

Great thanks for the reply, thats kind of what I thought really. Think gonna purchase a firewave as havin two lots of speakers just means more wires as well !

4. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I have just returned a set of Creatures because they were so goddamn awful. If you're going for a 2.1 system, you should at least go for something with more satellite drivers. The Creatures seem to be all top and bottom and no middle. Personally, I couldn't stand them. I found the Soundsticks much more balanced, but they have 4 drivers per satellite rather than one.