NEW Spigen SGP GLAS.t'R' Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jcliden, Oct 5, 2012.

1. macrumors member

So, I was browsing through the Spigen website wondering why everything is OUT OF STOCK :mad: when I found these! This one differs from their original GLAS.t in that these have rounded edges (hence the 'R'). There IS a price difference between the 2, the original is $27.99 and this one is $34.99. Apparently, the rounded edges are more resistant to edge chipping. I know some people experienced chipping problems. Is anyone considering buying this over the original GLAS.t for few more bucks?

[​IMG]
    link: http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-screen-protector-glas-tr-premium-tempered-glass-series.html

2. macrumors 6502a

JS82712

so instead of fixing the flaws associated with the original product, they released a brand new product...

3. macrumors 6502a

I hate when Spigen does this, especially when I just bought a Glas.t earlier in the week. They did the same stuff when the galaxy s3 screen protectors as well.

4. macrumors regular

i hear yah... mine is not yet even installed

5. macrumors 6502

faiz23

sweet now waiting for some slick deals before jumping in. I am loving my Otterbox Commuter along with GeneriK Antiglare/anti Fingerprint screen protector. Add a slight bit of thickness to the screen but keep that gorgeous color saturation and resolution.

Generik AG/AF Screen Protector

6. macrumors 6502a

Just bought and installed a bodyguardz pure glass. I definitely would have considered this. :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 6502a

This statement makes zero sense. They DID fix it by improving the edge. Maybe you're confused because they changed the name... :confused:

8. macrumors 68040

boshii

He's saying they didn't acknowledge the flaws in the first version and instead, release a new version while still selling the old flawed version.

9. macrumors regular

Fluttershy

If anyone here has this - I would love to know how the thickness of the protector affects accessing the home button.

10. macrumors member

Done and done. Thanks for the heads-up. ESP considering the regulars are sold out.

11. macrumors newbie

Didn't have this upgraded version, but the original glas.t, the home button is slightly recessed but I ain't using the provided sticker and find that it still works sufficiently fine.

12. macrumors 65816

Nhwhazup

How does this screen protector interact with slider type cases? I have the Incase slider which I really like and would like this glass protector if it fits with my case. Also, is their any noticeable weight increase with this protector compared to a regular one?

13. ZipZap, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

macrumors 68040

No, they capitalized on a flaw to sell the proper product for more. I dont see them offering an exchange to customers...especially those who recently bought that would be reasonable.

I just bought one and its unopened. I just sent an email for an RMA and purchase the newer version.

14. macrumors 68040

I believe there is sufficient space around the perimeter to support it. I would put the case on then add the Glas.T

This is not 100% for sure, and once you open the pack you cant return it.

Something else I considered doing was applying the new button raising sticker first and perfectly, then letting it guide the placement of the glass.t Have not tried it just considering...

15. macrumors newbie

Just ordered 2. for my wife and myself.

16. macrumors 6502

Anyone know when they will have it available at Amazon? Thanks.

17. spazma7ik, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

macrumors 6502a

Just ordered mine! Yay.

18. macrumors 6502a

JS82712

You are the one that's confused.
    [​IMG]

19. macrumors 6502a

You're so clever with that image!

The old version is still great.

20. macrumors 6502a

MarkCooz

Would love to see some pics if you could please!
    Thanks!

21. macrumors member

Goodness, and my glasst just shipped not long ago....

22. macrumors regular

Ordered 2 of the GLAS.t 'R' protectors for my 5 yesterday (just in case I screw up the first install). I'll let you know how it turns out.

23. macrumors regular

~$70 for screen protection...pretty wild. Wanna sell me your other protector at a discount if your first application is successful? :D

24. macrumors regular

Yeah, Ive always been the guy to have a backup for everything. And no, I wont sell the 2nd if the first is successful :D

25. macrumors newbie

Normally i never use screen protector.
    But i just ordered GLAS tR.
    i don't know What i thinking :D:D