New Star Trek

Discussion in 'Community' started by mc68k, Jul 1, 2002.

1. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Check this out: Star Trek Nemesis

For all you trekkies, this looks to be better than Insurrection, thank God.

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I saw the trailer a weekend or two ago. Looks promising, but you know they will f*ck it up somehow. Of course, we already know that Picard will win, he will save the day and all the other goody-goody bullsh*t.

For once, I would like to see trek be more realistic... the good guys don't always win, the bad guys don't do stupid sh*t... Give them something real to fight, something that will last a few movies... :D

3. mc68k thread starter macrumors 68000

mc68k

Now, now, Alpha, don't be bitter… :D

Since this is their last hurrah, maybe something will happen unexpected— like maybe something will happen to the Federation or one of the crew, like in Generations.

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Keep Warf, and one or two women and kill off the rest... :D

Me bitter???? Naahhhhh, just tired of the goody-goodies ruining some potentially good/great movies and making them blow chunks.

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Don't worry Alpha. You get to see all the good guys get slaughtered in Episode 3.

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

About damn time.... I would like to see Warf live though... He just kicks ass... :D

7. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Just caught the trailer on the QuickTime site, and it looks excellent. I think Star Trek has always needed a little sex and darkness, and it seems like it's finally coming to the franchise. I especially love the art direction for this one. Outstanding. Still, I'm with Alpha. I want something really dark to happen here. Why does the franchise always have to be so damn sunny? Why can't someone really important die? Oh well, I guess that's why they pay Rick Berman the big bucks...

8. mc68k thread starter macrumors 68000

mc68k

Yeah, I know what you mean. Their movies and some of the TNG episodes were pure crap. And it looks like they have the GL ILM syndrome. I would say any movie with Picard is a good one, but Insurrection was horrible.

I think I could see you as Worf, riding a harley and kicking ass with sharp pointy objects. :D

It just looks like someone lit his head on fire, then put it out with a shovel. And the women of TNG are all old now— I say kill 'em all. They changed Data too, 'tis a shame. I liked him better as a emotionless android.

9. mc68k thread starter macrumors 68000

mc68k

Tasha used to have some sex appeal, but they killed her off in the first season (life scars). No one important has died since then…

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hell yeah, rippin down the way, slicing up all my enemies as I go, not even slowing down... Got a torpedo launcher on the front forks, and a pair in the pipes.. :D Blades coming off the wheels, and nasty Klingon swords at the end of the handlebars... :D

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Bring her back, again... They did that once before you know... so why not make her some badassed biatch??? :D

12. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I just downloaded the trailer.
    Hmm, two Datas, sounds kinky.

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

14. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Is that two Datas or Data and Lor? If it was Lor, then it would be supremely badass!!! :D

15. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

i think data will die..:(
    and that evil twin will be left

16. sturm375 macrumors 6502

Star Trek isn't dark

A dark Star Trek wasn't Gene Rodenbery's vision. If you want Star Trek to be darker, you really don't want Star Trek.

After the death of Gene, the Star Trek stuff continued to go downhill. Less intellectual, and more weird. The last good stuff came from Voyager. The recent movies, are all lame politically motivated crap. I have very little hope this next movie will be any better.:(

17. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

yeah..bragga f**ked it up..
    somebody should kill him! only thing he is interested is making money,he knows nothing about star trek..

18. mc68k thread starter macrumors 68000

mc68k

Who's bragga?

19. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

Wow, trekkies everywhere!!!

I'll probably go see this one. I'm not the worlds biggestStar Trek Fan, but I'ce had the strangest urge to watch Wrath of Khan lately.;)

20. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

That is not Lore it is a prototype of Lore. Go to www.movies.com and get the spoiler it is cool.

21. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Bragga is one of the writers/producers who has taken over the franchise. His partner is Berman and they write and produce most everthing trek now.

22. DarkNovaMatter macrumors member

Well this one seems it will be better. The script is written from fans (sappositly a very good script, and hence the one scene in the trailer with picard). What some people don't get is that star trek wasn't made to be a truly dark sci-fi, simply that is what Gene didn't want and I am glad they have somewhat kept to the original feel of star trek. Also the set of data's seems to be that Data might be trying to make some of the first productions of his model up to par. Hopefully the fans will be able to put in a lot of things that most of us wanted to always see, I just hope Enterprise gets better in the second season. I also hope they start opening up the star trek world, a.k.a.- they start showing more things that you only heard in episodes as a small detail.

23. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Enterprise isn't really star trek..yeah,there are some good eps but..there is not even star trek in the name! they broke every TOS and ST generally canon that exists!

24. DrGrip84 macrumors newbie

is this the last TNG movie?? if not, they do need to kill someone off or do something to leave to be answered in future movies. they could drag a story over two or three movies a la Star Treks 2-4.

25. mc68k thread starter macrumors 68000

mc68k

I believe so. I'm not as into ST as I am SW, but I heard it said that this was going to be their last. The cast is getting old too— they'll start to look like the TOS cast in VI.

I enjoyed TNG very much, but lately it doesn't seem to have the same feel. If they keep making Insurrection style flicks, then I say kill the movies now.

Frakes is directing it, and he made Clockstoppers. 'nuff said.