New Star Wars trailer !!!!!111

Discussion in 'Community' started by aethier, Mar 10, 2005.

1. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

well THe OC just ended, and with it started the new episode 3 trailer. looks crazy. that added with the leaked photos from last week ... I can hardly wait.. looks so good

aethier

PS: i have yet to find a website hosting the clip

2. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Oh, I did not see it, when/if you find a link to the trailer, post it please!

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

General Grievous will be as well loved as the Darth Maul character from Ep.1. Anyone see the web docs on the Starwars.com site?

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I saw the trailer. I hope those aren't all the good parts of the film like the other two. :eek:

5. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Here is a link to a really bad version of the trailer. Some guy just used a camcorder and recorded his TV. Why not use a VCR or something like TIVO to go and avoid the flicker issue. I would recommend waiting a few days once it's officially released on the web but if you are desperate to see it you can use the link.

It looks like it will be an improvement over the I & II and it has a chance to surpass Jedi in the rankings which are currently: V, IV, VI, II, I from best to worst (at least that's how they currently are in my book).

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I'm a SW fan, but not the one to pitch a tent at the theater. So I was obviously excited about the preview. I thought Lucas showed too much tonight. It was very long and showed many key points, I think.

7. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Thanks for the link, I think I got the gist of it from there.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

10. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I saw the trailer too, it got me all excited, lol, but I'm really not thinking this will be the best movie ever. They're already cursed with their actors. But it should be fun to see nevertheless, and probably the best of the prequels, or at least I hope so!

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

the trailer was excellent, but waiting thru the OC, watching all those anorexics act uppity was mind numbing.

12. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I've never heard of this character, how is he introduced, who does he fight for, etc etc?

I refuse to watch this trailer - I don't want all the key points and cool shots spoiled.

13. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

With all the eyes on principle shooting and post-production, did no one stand up to Lucas and say the acting of Anakin sucked the big one? I can't believe how they could release the movie with such awful acting. At least coach the actors and reshoot the scene even if it hurts the actor's feelings.

Episode 1 and 2 could have been so much better, and given the technological advances, filmmaking remains an ancient 100 year old art that requires a masterful director. Lucas should have directed a live action drama to get back in the flow before tackling Phantom. Or hire Spielberg or Kirshner to bring levity and weight to the trilogy. It could have even been a contender for the Best Picture Oscar.

Oh well, Revenge better vindicate the last two or else it will have been a decade long failure of the highest magnitude.

14. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Hmmmm...isn't Lucas targeting the wrong audience showing a Starwars trailer during the OC? That doesn't make much sense to me, but then again watching the OC in the first place doesn't make much sense to me either.

15. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Yeah, my wife just called me and said she saw the trailer after watching OC. Can't believe George Lucas let Seth host the trailer!! Err...

But am exicted about the upcoming movie! Thanks for the post Aethier! :D

16. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Anyone found a site hosting a quality version of the trailer yet?

17. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Agree with that ordering. The only change I might make is to swtich VI and II. Both were a large step below IV and well above I, I thought. I am a little biased about II though as I initially saw it in a language other than English, so, since I was concentrating on simply understanding and translating, I wasn't bothered by the awful awful dialogue. Although I've since seen it in English, my initial good impression remained.

18. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

19. brap macrumors 68000

Those 1s in the title are ironic, right?

...right?

20. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

If you're adventurous you can parse the source code to find the flash source and watch it larger (grainy due to blowing up but larger).

Or if you are lazy you can click here

21. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

I think Lucas is targeting these new movies to the wrong audience.

The prequels are aimed at the lunch box/happy meal age and completely wasted the opportunity to make mature science fiction/fantasy films in the world of stars wars. After seeing the first, I thought that the characters were forgettable, the acting comic, and that the plots only interesting points were in reference to the old films. Could not even finish watching episode 2 on DVD and won't be going to see this final effort.

Maybe he will sell the rights to the final 7,8 and 9 to Peter Jackson...

22. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure of the demographic for the OC, but Lucas says this is a really dark movie and will probably be a PG13 movie as opposed to PG, like the rest of the series. So maybe the OC makes sense...

23. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I hear that - suffering through that crap rots...I guess that would justify a Tivo purchase ;)

Anyway the trailer was good and the movie looks good, but the wooden acting of Hayden is what wrecked II and may kill III, Natalie also helped wreck II. My opinion of course but I am a big QGJ fan :)

24. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

No need to see the movie. The trailer pretty much told the whole plot. Save $10 and 2 hours. With that being said, I'll be lining up for an hour.

25. qzak macrumors 6502

Think about how young the audience was when the first 3 movies came out back in the day. The audience has grown up now, and Lucas is keeping the movies aimed the same way they were back in the day, just the fans from back then are older now and pissed off about it. He's just keeping with what he's done before.