New subculture: HIV+ bug chasers & gift givers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by peter2002, Jan 21, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502

Just when you thought you have heard everthing, here is something really sicko. Rollingstone's February edition has an article about the new gay subculture that wants to be HIV+ called bug chasers. The ones seeking out these freakos are called gift givers.

http://www.gazeguide.com/~pozthink/pt020815.htm

2. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, it's pretty disgusting. shows why self-esteem is intrinsically important. but keep in mind, this is a tiny portion of people... same as any of the worst fetishes, like self-mutiliation, ah well i'll not go into it. makes me ill.

for some time there have been crazed HIV infected people that are intent on spreading the disease, i don't know if they assume it will expedite the cause for a cure, or just share their misery, but it's finally against the law in most places. here in iowa we have a case pending against a MN man for having unprotected sex while positive... tho god knows, it probably won't be a deterrant.

the first time i heard about a bug-chaser, i thought it was an urban legend or something... but, with 6 billion people on the earth, you're bound to find just about anything :(

pnw

3. macrumors P6

wdlove

A gift that is playing with death. After all there is still no cure. The HIV replicates so fast that it is becoming immune to current drugs being used. I think HIV + individuals are not aware of all the consequences.