new sunglasses

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kwyjibo, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

ok its the middle of winter and I need new sunglasses, i broke my oakles and I doubt they are repairable, i've had two ro three pairs of oaklies and they're solid sunglasess but I want to move o a new style, something a bit less actiony .... any recommendations, no prescription and I'd like them to be around $100-$150

2. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

Personally, I just go to the local cheap clothing store, and try on every pair on the rack till I find a pair I like. $20 or less, you know. Of course, that's for a fellow like me who is quite prone to loosing said glasses. For high style, I'm not your man.

3. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

In the 150 range "Ray Ban" makes some decent models. Of course you have to find something that fits your look and sunglasses are really some of the most personal design items out there. Your not going to get a true designer name, Donna Keller, etc in that range so go for something solid with a proven lens (cause why pay so much if your getting cheap plastic where it counts).

BEN

4. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Von Zipper makes great sunglasses; I highly recommend them. Most of their sunglasses are classy enough to wear with a nice outfit, but also suitable for jeans and a t-shirt. I got a pair of high-end polarized ones (glass lenses) for something like $110.

http://www.vonzipper.com/

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    second the rayban line

u might try hugo boss tooo

6. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Just go to a dollar store, and buy some super mirrored, oversized aviators.

Nothing looks more menacing than a pair of giant aviators.

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If they aren't prescription sunglasses, would never pay that kind of money. Would just want something that would prevent the harmful UV rays.

8. 7on macrumors 601

7on

9. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

You could always just tape your eyelids shut, that would be cost effective and prevent block harmful UV rays. If you're really stylin', you could use duct tape and get that shiny metallic look. heheh (just kidding) :)

10. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

11. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

.. yeah i know its a personal style thing but I was looking for more just brand recommendations ... i haven't lost sunglasses yet, i'm pretty careful and its worth it for something you wear almsot everyday.

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

im always on a constant search for the right pair of sunglasses. im very picky. i want those fashion wrap around type of glasses that look like lenny kravitz or sully from godsmack may wear. i havent found them yet. they have to be pretty big... bigger then usual. wide... kind large specs... not regular size. kind of like those chopper shades but a bit larger. if anyone knows who sells something like this let me know. id be interested in looking at anything you could find. i look at the spy shades... close very close... not sure if they are big enough though.

13. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

okay i found these...

http://store.yahoo.com/advantis-ride/vonzisugblk.html

i looked into them von zipper shades and find this.

question is what is the dimensions of these shades? i dont want to order and then find out they are too small.... they do say they are for those who have bigger heads... so that looks promising. anyone know the dimensions?

[​IMG]

14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I had a pair of low-key Skagen Shadows for years but lost them last spring. Been looking for a similar pair ever since to no avail.

15. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

wrap around isn't really me. I'd rather have metal than plastic I think for the frames

16. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

As much as I like the more plain $20 sunglasses...
    Aviators from the dollarstore sound like the best.

17. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

well wrap around is definitly me... im the same build as the lead singer for saliva... Josey Scott and glen danzig from danzig/misfits so wired frames look puny on my as*.

if i can have custom made shades... id be so on it.

18. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

@nd that. :)

If you don't mind the heavy feel of real glass, a lot of pilots I know like Serengeti, and Revo.

I have the Oakley 1/2 jackets, that why when the lens get scratched up, replacements are only $35.
    Some cars I think have polarized windshields (our plane does too) and polarized glasses can make the world look funny.

Good luck.

19. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

20. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well then it would have to be these.....(to expensive though)

Attached Files:

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The wrap around sun glasses are better because they protect your eyes from getting UV light peripherally. I really don't mind metal or plastic, its whatever will fit my face and prescription. Just like with my clothing, I don't have many choices when it comes to a selection in frames.

22. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

For you or are those X Frames? They look badass too but not quite like the ones I have. My Oaklys are just for driving and when I got out. They rarely leave the car unless I am out doing stuff. I have a pair of Bolle that serve most other purposes for me.

I heard a rumor Oakly may lower their prices as they are pricing themselves out of the market lately.

23. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

These are pretty cool, my dad has a pair of them, extremely light, really nice lenses.

LINK

24. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

See they're glasses for winners!

I like'm cause they are "think different" looking, but way to expensive (unjustifiable) and off course they don't look as good on fat guys! :p