new super mario bros. spoilers...

Discussion in 'Games' started by pcortez, Jun 23, 2006.

1. pcortez macrumors member

so i put these three spoilers in the original new super mario bros. thread, but i feel like it deserves a dedicated thread, so people know exactly what they are clicking on.

here are three i've found so far.
    it would be cool if everyone can post theirs in a similar format for those of us that like the help.

to get the first canon, go to the fortress in the first world...
    [highlight the rest]

...somewhere to the far left of the screen there is a pipe that shoots you up to a doorway. this leads to a room with a starcoin. you will need shell mario for this. go through the opening to the right of this room, and use shell mario to break some blocks in the next room, and that's it. i don't know where this takes you seeing that i didn't have shell mario when i got to the secret room and haven't actually completed it yet.

how to get to world 7
    go to the ghost house in world 4. the ghost house above a canon....

go in as mini mario or have it ready in the item box. you'll need to go to the area with the p-block and the two vertical rows of red blocks. i think it is right after a doorway or doorportal. anyways. hit the pblock and go to the FAR right of the screen, and use the red blocks to get to the green pipe, but DONT go in it. jump on top of it and enable mini mario. kick off the pipe towards the right and keep wall-kicking. the rest is obvious.

to get the canon in world 5, go to the ghost house...

from here, go up a good amount of flights of stairs, not sure exactly how much. you will get to a point where at the far left of the screen there are three smashable blocks. jump on them, and you'll discover 3 hidden blocks arranged like a pyramid. jump on the middle one, SQUAT, and jump. it will reveal a vine. climb it FAST above the enemies that smash stuff, and let him smash an entrance to the secret door and fall below. go through, and you are in an elevator, sort of. kill the pumpkin enemies and stay in the middle of the rising platform since it wobbles. after you get to the top, exit and hit the flag pole. it takes you to world 8

hope that helps, anyone else have any?

2. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

I'm glad you made it white, I couldn't resist reading it but making it white is easier to ... resist. :)

3. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

how to play as luigi instead of mario...

right before selecting a saved file to start the game...

hold down L and R, then select A as usual. you hear Luigi say his own name.

pretty cool.

4. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

the canon in world 1 leads you to....

world 5

also. to get shellmario and megamario whenever you want...[I THINK]

for shell..hit the flag at the end of the level with -33 seconds left; it could be 433, 333, 233, 133 or 033. you get it. for megamario hit it with -99 seconds left. fireworks go off and a toadhouse appears at the beginning of that world, and you should get your respective item. i think there is a range actually for the amount of time (-00,-11,-22...-99) that corresponds to a specific item. i just don't know it yet, but if you guys would like to post what you get when you hit the flag with the other double digit numbers, that would be great.

5. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

this one is all from memory, so please bear with me.

to get to the pipe in the "ice" world, forgot the number, that leads directly to the castle at the end of that world.

go to the level that looks like it would lead to the first green pipe. i have no idea which one it is right now. have shell mario in queue. towards the very end right before the flag, there is an upper and lower path to take. take the higher path, and you'll have to wallkick a couple times. there should be an area to your left. use shell mario to breakdown the breakable blocks and go to the secret flag.

to get to the first hidden world [forgot the number yet again, SORRY]
    this one should be obvious...

just beat the main bad guy [the cactus] in the previous world's castle with mini mario. the game does the rest.

enjoy.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

not only that but it lets you play as luigi...

7. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

8. pcortez thread starter macrumors member

to get the world 3 canon...

which takes you to world 6...
    go to world 3 ghost house. now when activating the very last p switch [the one that creates a door to the near left], skip the door that you usually go through, and keep going right, QUICKLY jumping down the long set of stairs landing where a doorway and previous switch were, right of the elevator. you'll see that there are two doorways now, go through the one on the left. piece of cake.

:)

9. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

i thought there would be a difference, luigi could always jump longer but there isnt besides the color & height...and weight :mad: