New %$#@&!+ Swift Boat ads

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh for joy. We're being treated to their meanest stuff yet: 1, 2. *

Most of this stuff has been debunked by media such as ABC's Nightline, which recently visited Vietnam and interviewed survivors of the battle...who corroborated Kerry's version.

Lotsa carefully-crafted innuendoes and outright lies. Kerry didn't "secretly" meet with "the enemy" in Paris. He informed Congress that he talked to representatives of both Vietnams to urge them towards peace negotiations. That's a lot more than these "veterans" did.

"Promoting the enemy's position back home"? Really? When did Kerry ever say he wanted the Communists to overrun South Vietnam?

Such garbage. And they have the nerve to conclude their ad by saying that "character and honesty matters". [​IMG]

* I've mirrored the ads on my own web space so you can view them without giving those jokers any more hits on their pathetic site.

2. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Never seen one...

Honestly, I've given up on TV. Except for the occaisional debate, or sporting event, there is nothing worth watching.

The ads smack of desperation, as do Bushs current campaign feints concerning which states he is in right now.

But it just leads me to suggest again, that perhaps politics should be held to a higher moral standard.

I mean, the President becomes head of the Judicial System, in so much as he appoints the Attorney General and has that influence. You can't lie without penalty within the judicial system, but you can stretch the truth to become the head of the judicial system? It makes no sense to me.

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Okay, okay...I'm not retarded. I think. :eek:

I just went to the Political Forum main page, and yes, there are two similar posts by me.

I posted the other one earlier. Then I refreshed the main page several times, and I swear my post didn't show up. I assumed I had his "preview post" instead of "submit", and then closed the window, thereby losing my post.

So later, I re-did it (this thread), changing the emphasis from misleading ads in general to just the Swiftie stuff.

Sorry for the confusion. Mods, please feel free to lock either this thread or the other one.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That is exactly what it is coming across as. Even worse than the ones with the wives of someone who was in Vietnam sometime around when Kerry was, but never served with him. The better ads are those of the women having to fight the Bush administration to get answers through the 9/11 commision. Or the people who've lost someone in Iraq, asking why we are there in the first place.

The truth, it turns out, is much more effective and I hope the polls reflect that. I hope these kinds of ads are not tolerated any more than the ones here where a candidate takes his opponents words out of contact to make it seem like she supports Bin Laden. Sickening what people will do.