New swiftvets against Kerry ad.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Leo Hubbard, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

What? Kerry said atrocities were committed in Vietnam? But I thought all our soldiers always acted with dignity and honor!

3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

None, the only people who believe this garbage are the ones who are allready voting for Bush.

Those quotes have been taken completely out of context with what Kerry was actually saying. These people will do anything to hide the fact that George W. Bush has failed as President by trying to slander his opponent.

After four years why are they so intent on attacking Kerry instead of trumpeting Bush's achievments.

This is the same kind of garbage that Rove pulled against McCain four years ago and it sickens me to see them do it again.

If Kerry's medals were spurious then why haven't they been revoked? The Navy doesn't just hand them out like candy.

If Kerry is so bad for veterans then why have so many stood behind him?
    Why has he done so much to further recognition of veterans including working to expand the GI bill for Vietnam vets. These guys have a huge political agenda and aren't out for the truth anymore than Michael Moore is. They just want to try and slander Kerry hoping that people will be foolish enough to believe their lies and half truths.

4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Hey, it's just Campaign Finance Reform at its finest! Think "527". Soros finances a lot of the anti-Bush stuff; rich Repubs finance the Swifties. The only thing that's changed is the restriction on what we once thought was our right to speak out within 60 days of an election...

'Rat

5. Leo Hubbard thread starter macrumors newbie

Reminder, Bush didn't push this ad or any of the swiftvet ads. Soros financed moveon.org pac with millions of dollars, and some fabulously wealthy republican spend 300k on the swiftvets. Kerry helped them make the rest of their funds.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah there's a difference 'Rat. The SVBT ads contain actual provable lies, from people who can be proven to have perjured themselves because of their desire to see Bush win and Kerry lose.

Can you point me to any of Soros's groups that have either outright lied or perjured themselves this campaign season?

7. Leo Hubbard thread starter macrumors newbie

If they are provable lies then take them to court for slander.

Fact is they aren't provable lies. They are corroborated eyewitness accounts.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The Swifties know very well that they've taken Kerry's statement out of context. He's telling Congress about stories he's heard from other soldiers.

These super-patriots very conveniently forget about the My Lai massacre...not to mention other atrocities that occurred in Vietnam.

I particularly remember the Calley case, because it was a really huge story back then...and just like now, there were plenty of people desperately trying to deny the veracity of the story, calling the media liars, etc.

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

to me this is so painfully clear:

kerry joined the military to fight for something he believed in, saw how broken the system was, then came back and spent the rest of his life trying to fix the system.

bush used the system to make up for failings at every level of his life. he has dedicated his life to preserving that system.

no wonder the GOP is scared.

10. Leo Hubbard thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually he joined the Navy when he discovered he wouldn't be able to dodge the draft.

11. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Even if this was true, how would it make him worse than successful draft dodgers Cheney and Bush?

12. Leo Hubbard thread starter macrumors newbie

I never said it would. I was just correcting a mistake in his quote. His argument was that Kerry voluntarily joined so that he could fight or whatever. When in reality he tried to dodge the draft with some French studies thing and was turned down.

13. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

And your proof is...?

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Proof? Who needs any stinking proof?

Kerry has said that he considered asking for a deferment, but when he was told he'd probably be drafted he decided to join the Navy instead, where he could serve as an officer. Once he was in the Navy, he requested active duty.

In his National Guard papers, Bush specifically declined voluntary overseas assignment.

15. Leo Hubbard thread starter macrumors newbie

Fact is not to long ago the proof was on Kerry's own web site, but he seems to have taken it off. I think I posted on this straight from his web site before.
    Its not there now.
    Now if I didn't take the time to do the research, or that is reresearch of old facts because I don't keep a file cabinet of every link I've ever visited. I would be accused of lieing, deceitfulness, or being naive and believing everything the right expouses. But now that I did do the research, spent the time and trouble doing it, everyone going to say oh wow really and change their tune right? More likely they'll say, "oh well that doesn't matter, blah blah blah." So why bother taking the time gathering the proof for those who will explain away anything?

This news article also points out that Kerry wasn't in Vietnam until after November. :eek: But that just validated other already known data.

16. Judo macrumors regular

17. Leo Hubbard thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I think Kerry should be tried in a court of law for them. :D

18. Judo macrumors regular

Fair enough Leo.

But from what other posters have said, the ad has taken Kerry's statements out of context and that he's talking about other soliders stories, not his own crimes. Actually no where in the Ad doe's it even suggest that these crimes where commited by Kerry.

I don't understand where these Vet's are coming from. They seem to be saying lets ignore any war crimes commited by soliders in Vietnam because it hurts our feelings.

What's your take on the Ad Leo?

19. Leo Hubbard thread starter macrumors newbie

Kerry was making unsubstatiated accusations against those he didn't even know, betraying his own, as his comrade in arms would put it. Kerry did say that "yes I too committed the same atrocities, burned villages, etc." In fact someone else cooroborated his testimony recently saying he burned a village himself, by himself, while others on other boats were yelling at him to stop. That is in the book Unfit for Command. He also fired a grenade into a food storage bin, receiving shrapnel and rice in his rear and getting a purple heart for it. Why would he destroy a villages food supply? Why would he think a non exploding shrapnel grenade would do it. Surely by then he knew the movies with their fire blazing grenades were full of crap.

20. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

You're deluded, irresponsible, or consciously trying to mislead people by posting that link with the text "The Real story." You know, because you follow politics, as well as I do that the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" organization slanders John Kerry.

I don't go around saying that George W. Bush conspired with terrorists to conduct the attacks of 9/11 so that he could save his faltering presidency...That's lunacy. However, I think Bush is a terrible person and an ineffective leader and I will rejoice when he loses (if he loses).

Similarly, you have every right to think that Kerry is a terrible person and an ineffective leader (though I will debate you to the end about it) and you can rejoice, too, when he loses (if he loses). However, that does not mean that you can propagate these malicious lies about Kerry, just as I should not propagate malicious lies about Bush.

Certainly, both candidates have questionable aspects of their records that may be questioned; this is not one of them. It has been clearly pointed out by both sides of the aisle that these individuals are simply telling falsehoods.

Don't call it "The Real story." It's sickening, to say the least.

21. HeWhoSpitsFire macrumors member

HeWhoSpitsFire

ditto!

22. wwworry macrumors regular

Bush was a drunk until he was 40. Does anyone doubt that? Bush avoided active service. Does anyone doubt that?

Kerry volunteered. and saw combat.

All of Bush's businesses failed unless they got huge public funding or Saudi funding.

OK so we know Bush's youth was a failure compared to Kerry's. We know Bush's daughters are airheads and party girls - in their own words, "young and irresponsible". We know terrorism is up world wide. We know there has been the first net loss in jobs since Herbert Hoover. We know the US never caught Bin Laden. We know that govt. growth is the highest since the mid 1960's. We know that the the deficits are the largest ever.

What more does one need to know?

23. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Maybe that John Kerry is a flip-flopper who only went to Vietnam to get medals and blew himself up with a grenade to get them but only got a scratch from the grenade and lied to get Purple Hearts and Silver Stars and was a total coward.

Oh, and he's rich, speaks French and his wife gives money to terrorists.

At least, those are the important things.

24. ~kilroy~ macrumors newbie

Thats exactly why I'm not voting for him....:)

25. wwworry macrumors regular

maybe you are a flip-flopper, or as you say in french phlip-phlopeur. ;)