New switch commercials coming.....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by medea, Aug 20, 2004.

1. medea macrumors 68030

Aug 4, 2002
    Madison, Wi
    from Errol Morris the man who produced Apple's switch ads. Only this time they feature average citizen Republicans who will not vote for President Bush again.
    Great idea and could be quite powerful in a political form, can't wait to view them.
    I'd also like to note that Morris is a master documentarian in the truest sense (unlike Michael Moor.) In my opinion The Fog of War is much more important in the times we are in than F9/11. But that is a separate issue.

Forgot the link:,1283,64621,00.html
  2. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2003
    Long Beach, California
    Ah, I'm not going to start a Democratic/Repblican war here, but that is very interesting that the Democrates would start something like that (yes, that is very generalized). I wonder if Jobs, as a democrate, threw the idea at Errol (no, I'm joking). Or am I? ;)

I can only imagine the interesting music they could put in those ads... lol, White America by Eminem.
  3. winter artifice macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2003
    Wow, I am a fan of Errol Morris's work, especially Fast, Cheap and Out of Control. Great idea taking the switch ads and turning them political, let's hope they are as effective as Apples.

Kerry/Jobs 2004!
  4. Vector macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2002
    Errol Morris produces great documentaries, and Moore's name does not even deserve to be mentioned in the same post as his - damn, i guess i already did it.

--must resist temptation to bash M****'s "Documentaries" and his way of
    making them - those words just don't belong together--

Fog of War was a wonderful documentary. It amazes me how sharp McNamara is in those interviews. He is very intellegent, but you wouldn't expect someone of his age to be able to show the insight into his own actions and the ability to deflect certain questions that he did.

...What was this post about again?
  5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    New "switching" commercials. ;) And I think this is actual a pretty novel idea, I'll be curious to see the end results. Of course, being Canadian, I don't have any strong convictions either way when it comes to the Democrats or Republicans, (I can never understand how you guys put up with a 2-party system! ;) ) but I like to follow the events and stay educated - I feel it's very important. :cool:
  6. Vector macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2002
    I wish that we had a multi-party system. Most nations have multi-party systems, but our two parties have both agreed that it is in their best interest to keep every other party from growing. As disparate as the members in each of the parties are, it just doesn't make much sense ideologically to group them into such broad groups.