New Switcher!...Again

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by WickedBunny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. WickedBunny macrumors newbie

Well, I just bought a new 15" Powerbook and I couldn't be happier. I still consider myself a new switcher, even though I bought a PowerMac a couple of months ago. It inspired me to get the PB. I'm not really concerned about this whole Intel thing. My Macs meet my needs and make me happy now. Life's too short to wait. I'll deal with the future when it comes.

My experience at the Apple Store was great and the guy was very helpful. I didn't know I could get the edu discount at the store but he said I could. Also, he didn't push the Applecare at all, which I expected him to. I declined but I'm definitely going to get it in a couple of months. When I told him I'd get it in a couple of months, he did say, though, not to wait too long cuz they were changing that. Don't know what that means. Also, I found out that they work on commission, which I didn't think they did. Oh well, he helped me get exactly what I wanted and needed.

I don't really have a question as I'm going to search through the past posts to find answers to things like where to get the best RAM (I heard Crucial does some funny pricing where sometimes you get a higher rate), the best case and the best way to move stuff from my other computer to my new PB. With this purchase, I am officially a Mac person. No going back! :)

2. 3lions macrumors member

Feels great doesn't it, I just ordered a 12" powerbook yesterday. When is your's supposed to ship? Mine has not shipped yet :(

3. WickedBunny thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I already have it. That's the great thing. I thought I'd have to order it online to get the edu discount so I was just playing/lusting after it in the store. But the guy said I could get it right then, so I did! I'm still at work and haven't had time to play with it yet but as soon as I get home, that puppy is going to work!

4. RJP31484 macrumors regular

I just finished setting up me new iMac G5 17" with superdrive.. man this is a beatufil machine!

5. hammackj macrumors newbie

According to fedex mine should be here today or tommrrow morning. I am so stoked i cannot wait.

6. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Changing post buying Applecare?
    Good God Apple!!!
    Next you'll annouce you'll be switching to Intel....shudder... :)

7. 3lions macrumors member

the joys of living somewhere that has an store selling apple computers. The closest apple store to me is a 3 hour drive and I just didn't feel like it!

8. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

9. wnameth macrumors 65816

wnameth

I am just about to start working at a apple retailer in hamilton, pretty good for a first job, other than newspapers and baby-sitting.