New switcher with a scrolling question.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wildcardd, Mar 28, 2007.

1. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

I really havent liked the mighty mouse, so I went back to my trusty MS mouse with scroll wheel. I have noticed that if I scroll a couple of clicks, it scrolls slowly, but if I give the wheel a good crank from my finger, it scrolls much faster.

Is this a mac function or perhaps my mouse acting up? Is there any way to disable this, I couldn't find anything in the sys preferences?

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I know there is something called accelerated scrolling for some mice...I think I have it on my Logitec mouse...does the MS mouse come with software?

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Accelerated mouse movement has been a part of the Mac from the beginning. A slow movement should move the cursor a little bit, a fast movement takes the cursor across the screen. This lets you move as rapidly or precisely as you want without having to move your hand all over the place. If you had a very long document would you really want to have crank through it with a small scroll?

At any rate, there are utilities that will make the mouse behave the way you are used to. Check Version Tracker or MacUpdate.