New Switchers has some program questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ZenNerd, Mar 10, 2005.

1. ZenNerd macrumors member

I recently got one of the new 12" powerbooks and I've been pouring over this forum and other sites trying to learn what I can. While looking in threads for new programs that I might find handy I saw many people talking about Tinkertool. This seemed right up my alley since I'm a bit of a tweaker myself. Anyway when I went to the site I found that there was another program called "Tinkertool System" that I hadn't seen mentioned and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it and if it's useful? Also is it likely to hose my new machine since I'm new to OSX?

I also found a program called CLIX in the new Macworld mag. It's a command line interface that has some common commands already in it. Anyone familiar with this one and is it useful to someone new to the command line?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

You really should lay off the crystal meth. It's bad for you. :D

Welcome to Mac - www.versiontracker.com is a good place for the kind of stuff you are looking for.

3. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

There is already a built in command line interface in OS X. I personally prefer to NOT use a command line interface and non-human language command structures. I got the Mac to be easy to use, easy to do what needs getting done. Fiddling with the computer to make it work, is not something I consider necessary.

4. ZenNerd thread starter macrumors member

Is "crystal meth" some sort of code for windows around here :D

5. ZenNerd thread starter macrumors member

Oh I know what the drug is I was just making a joke...

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

From one of the Tinkertool System reviews at Versiontracker:

Sounds good to me. I like Tinkertool, especially the function that lets me place both scroll arrows at both ends of the scroll bar. When I'm on the Mac at work, which doesn't have this feature, I really miss it. I keep trying to click on scroll arrows that aren't there. :D