New T-mobile Carrier Settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stayblunted, Jan 4, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Oct 3, 2012
    Just wanted to know if anybody else got this message about new settings. I'm located in NYC and the 3G coverage is pretty much in full effect. I just dont want to update and have my settings messed up. Anybody else get this?

check attachments.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

Feb 3, 2012
    In in ct. And have not gotten anything like that. What iphone are you using?
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Oct 3, 2012
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jul 31, 2007
    Do a full backup and then install it. test it out, if ok, party on wayne.
    If not so good, restore.
  5. macrumors regular

Aug 26, 2012
    Ok, so I got home to check out my iPhone 4 that's currently on T-Mobile's network and I'm not seeing this at all. What exactly did you do to get to that update screen?

Also, my APN settings are all blank and T-Mobile is working flawlessly for me with Personal Hotspot also working.
  6. thread starter macrumors member

Oct 3, 2012
    Got a text message saying Free Message: Welcome to T-Mobile! Connect to a Wifi network and go to --> to install your data network settings for T-Mobile.
  7. EliCsuf, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013

macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2011
    OC, CA
    If you go to on Safari from your iPhone it will redirect you to the T-Mobile iOS settings and prompt you to install. I have an iPhone 4 and i'm located in Southern California. Going to see what happens....

Installed it and only noticed Internet a bit faster. I don't think S.California is set up for 3G Coverage.

Attached Files:

8. macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2009
    Yes, this is strange. My cellular data was ready to go the moment I put my T-Mobile SIM in. Hm.
  9. macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2012
    Just a side question but those in fully deployed refarmed tmobile network, do you get a full 3G even indoors on an iPhone 5?
    I see that I drop to E mostly in indoors.

I see 3G mostly outdoors.