Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stayblunted

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Just wanted to know if anybody else got this message about new settings. I'm located in NYC and the 3G coverage is pretty much in full effect. I just dont want to update and have my settings messed up. Anybody else get this?

check attachments.

Attachments

• tmobile1.png
    tmobile1.png
    172 KB · Views: 138
  • tmobile2.png
    tmobile2.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 163

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Ok, so I got home to check out my iPhone 4 that's currently on T-Mobile's network and I'm not seeing this at all. What exactly did you do to get to that update screen?

Also, my APN settings are all blank and T-Mobile is working flawlessly for me with Personal Hotspot also working.

stayblunted

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Got a text message saying Free Message: Welcome to T-Mobile! Connect to a Wifi network and go to --> t-mobile.com/isetup to install your data network settings for T-Mobile.

EliCsuf

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
OC, CA
Got a text message saying Free Message: Welcome to T-Mobile! Connect to a Wifi network and go to --> t-mobile.com/isetup to install your data network settings for T-Mobile.

If you go to http://www.t-Mobile.com/isetup on Safari from your iPhone it will redirect you to the T-Mobile iOS settings and prompt you to install. I have an iPhone 4 and i'm located in Southern California. Going to see what happens....

Installed it and only noticed Internet a bit faster. I don't think S.California is set up for 3G Coverage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Ok, so I got home to check out my iPhone 4 that's currently on T-Mobile's network and I'm not seeing this at all. What exactly did you do to get to that update screen?

Also, my APN settings are all blank and T-Mobile is working flawlessly for me with Personal Hotspot also working.

Yes, this is strange. My cellular data was ready to go the moment I put my T-Mobile SIM in. Hm.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Just a side question but those in fully deployed refarmed tmobile network, do you get a full 3G even indoors on an iPhone 5?
I see that I drop to E mostly in indoors.

I see 3G mostly outdoors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.