New Tablet

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by VanMac, Jun 30, 2005.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Very cool.

I must say in my opinion IBM makes the best PC laptops.

Apple Version: never or years from now

2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I had a toshiba tablet one time, not very useful. Most users can type much faster than they can write.

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

except that they don't. They sold their PC devision to Lenovo. its just an iBM brand name on them now, which will eventually be discontinued. IBM had just about nothing to do witht he design of this product.

4. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

I'm sorry, but I have to correct you: IBM made the best PC laptops. :(

5. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

i actually prefer the hp tablets..they look good, and are a good mix of function and price..good value for money i think..

6. dylanemcgregor macrumors member

But it is hard to do graphs, symbols, or pictures faster with a mouse/keyboard combo then it is to just write them down. I was of the same mind as you, until I was trying to take notes in class with my notebook, and the notes included lots of graphs. A girl with a Tablet and OneNote had no problem keeping up, my notes on the other hand were pretty useless.

-Dylan

7. PCM macrumors regular

what ever happened to paper and a pencil?

8. dylanemcgregor macrumors member

Paper and pencil is good for most things, and I did use that for taking notes in my classes, but a tablet would have been more convenient a number of times. I just wanted to point out that tablets do have their uses.

Here is another quick example. My dad does a bunch oftravel between industrial job sites to set up bids on different projects. With a tablet PC he can very easily sketch the layout of a job and email it back to the home office, before coming home, speeding up the bidding process substantially.

Not everyone needs a tablet, but for those who do, it is hard to find a reasonable substitute.

-Dylan

9. Bedawyn macrumors regular

The new Lenovo is indeed very yummy -- not as nice as what Apple could do, but since Apple's not interested in doing it, that doesn't really matter. I am steadfastly fixing my gaze on the X41 price tag in an attempt to convince myself that I really don't need it just yet.

10. ozone macrumors 6502

ozone

You betcha... that Lenovo X41 tablet is indeed yummy. Too bad it runs on Windows, but hey, at least XP has been half decently behaved these days. I wish Apple would make one, but who knows...