New's Saturday! What are u doing?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by eyelikeart, Mar 9, 2002.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I'm about to venture out downtown to shoot some photos of the local cemetaries & hopefull the french quarter if it doesn't rain...;)

ps: I'd post a poll like the friday night one...but I'm going on 5 hours my lack of creativity here is justified...he he he :p
  2. Wire_Apple_Geek macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2002
    Durham NC
    Im getting ready to pack all my stuff and move to new your I have been transfered to the New York office. Blahhhhh I hate packing but hey i got a week to get everything together I start next monday but I am hoping I can be almost done by this monday so i dont have to drive back up here. HAve to pick up my new laptop :D
  3. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    Re: New's Saturday! What are u doing?

watch out for that midnight in the garden of good and evil stuff ;-)

i am just waking up catching up on some of the posts on this chat site and my 20 year reunion site

when i wake up i will go to the bathroom again, eat, go to the bathroom, maybe eat again, go to the bathroom, go back to bed, catch up on more emails or read techie manuals or industry newsletters, go to the bathroom, and go to sleep

how's that eye? that's life in the off season of a tourist villa
  4. Taft macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    Re: Re: New's Saturday! What are u doing?

I'm nursing a hangover. :( I kinda wish Chicago's bars closed earlier. :)

I think I'm going to step out in a few and go to a coffee shop to program. I'm working on some stuff in Cocoa. If I'm lucky, I might have something to share with you all in a few weeks.

5. evildead macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2001
    WestCost, USA
  6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Just got home

I just got home from baseball practice. I am all bruised up. I just got cleeted by my buddies metal cleets! It sux!
  7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    Just chilling, having a brew, watching some tube...

Schlepped up to the truck dealership earlier to see what they can do for me on a new one. I am turning in the lease and going for a purchase this time. That way, after 5 years (or less) it will be mine.
  8. jvaska macrumors 6502

Feb 18, 2002

yeah...i'm bored...too...reading girlfriend is right here making fun of me for reading such a nerdy newsgroup...especially since she is in from europe...

so...i'm feeling ultra nerdy, dumb...and tired/bored...

went shopping today...looked at really nice and expensive modern furniture...trying to figure out how to do a remodel of my studio...

ate some nice tamales...the best the outdoor market...

now...i better pay some attention to my's probably a good idea...

good weekend y'all...jv
  9. barkmonster macrumors 68020

Dec 3, 2001
    My boring/constructive saturday

Well I spent most of the afternoon making a load of drum kits in protools from about 20 minutes of drum machine samples. Then I made an intro for my website. Intro

Not a very interesting saturday, I'm too skint from going out on friday to go out so apart from the audio and web editing, I've just been watching cable, listening to a few CDs and chillin' out.
  10. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Re: New's Saturday! What are u doing?

I'll take that as a compliment! :D
    I must admit I was inspired by which has hilarious polls related to that day's news.

As for me, I played a little "Black and White" on my PC, between crashes (XP seriously sucks), this morning. Good game, but I just want to finish it already.

I'll go lift some weights this afternoon, come back and surf some more (man, the weekends are slow) boost my post count ;) a little. 500...someday...
    I rented some DVDs the other day, so I'll watch one of them too.

A little advice on a movie not to see: The Musketeer. It's a godawful piece of trash that has crappy acting, a crappy story and crappy special effects. Even the fight scenes, which are supposed to be the whole selling point of the movie, are lame and unengaging.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone!
  11. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    well, i've just spent a fascinating day re-installing osx. After upgrading to 10.1.3 i found that every time i restarted (once or twice a week) my personal settings were getting lost. What's worse is that simply quiting an app could have the same result, such as with iTunes.

So, i started from 10.0.3, and have now finally managed to get all my software installed again. I just hope it's going to behave itself now!

All in all, a pretty slow day i'd say :cool:
  12. arn macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
    I went to the new Durham Apple Store yesterday...

the "official" opening was today... but they were open with the rest of the new Mall yesterday...

Lots of folk around... good turnout...

go Apple! :)

13. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    arn, you're in the medical profession

i am a part time social worker as a volunteer helping addicts

in the last 24 hours, one patient who got overprescribed meds is failing in health due to various painkillers and will be parapalegic, one relapsed and left his 12 step group, and one got kicked out of his house and is on the street when he should be in jail because he was a major supplier

heroin and morphine is just so friggin wonderful! rrright

i like to come back to macs after a long and arduos day of voluntering with addicts and just go back to the mac:mad: