Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
oh no!!

i've already been waiting since the start of the year for the new TiBooks, and now i'm going to have to wait another 6 weeks? perhaps they might do things a bit differently this time and have the TiBooks delivered in about two weeks?

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: oh no!!

Originally posted by cb911
i've already been waiting since the start of the year for the new TiBooks, and now i'm going to have to wait another 6 weeks? perhaps they might do things a bit differently this time and have the TiBooks delivered in about two weeks?

just think how much lag time there was with the new imac...it was too long for apple's own good

Baseline

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2002
Southern Ontario
MWNY TiBook...

Assuming that a speed/GPU bumped TiBook does come out next week, what are the odds of a brand new machine coming out at NY? I've been waiting about two months for a TiBook, and it'll be my first Mac (the combination of that sexy case and a Unix core is too much to resist), so I don't really know the history of Apple's releases.

Have they done a speedbump followed very shortly after by a brand new model before? I'd hate to spend $5000 CDN to get a TiBook, just to have a vastly improved model come out at MWNY. I've been in the computing game long enough (since '83) to know that it's usually silly to worry about computer obsolescence, but for this amount of money, with no chance to do an upgrade on the machine, I'm going to worry about it.

And I'd REALLY like to order one soon so I can impress all the other engineers at the new job I'm going to be starting in a few weeks :) Best way to get off on the right foot with fellow engineers is to blow them away with your toys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.