new to board - have a Blue & White G3 question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by btc, Jan 29, 2006.

1. btc macrumors member

i've looked in the system profiler (10.4.4) and i can't see what revision my firmware is.

i think i'm supposed to upgrade to 1.1 but i don't know what it is now, any way to find out?

i'm having some problems with corruption of files and i'm wondering if this could be contributing to it.

Any help appreciated.

btc

2. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

Let's just say that if your Blue and White has successfully booted 10.4, then it's running current firmware. The last disc that I've ever seen B&W Firmware on was an OS 9 disc. And that update enabled Target Mode on that machine.

3. btc thread starter macrumors member

yes, i'm running 10.4.4

thanks

4. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

i think the firmware version is the same as the Boot ROM version in Profiler. the last update for the B&W was 1.1, but it was the same as 1.02, and according to Apple only "improves PCI performance" so is probably not worth worrying about if you're not having any problems (which it doesn't sound like you are)

5. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

The firmware version and Boot Rom version is same ..

If the B&W booted into tiger then the Mac has the right firmware install already ..

To check the Firmware aka boot rom version: do this (About this Mac>More info> then it should show "Hardware overview" ) >look @ Boot Rom :D

6. btc thread starter macrumors member

my boot rom is ver. is 1.1

i bought it used from MacResq so they must have done it.

thanks for the replies.

jim