New To Mac And All This Craziness!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Indigo, May 26, 2006.

1. Indigo macrumors newbie

May 26, 2006
    Hello there. I've been a PC user for my whole life until today. I've wanted a Mac since as long as I can remember. I got a MacBook Pro and A Mighty Mouse for my birthday, lucky? Yes.

I actually have a few questions.

- I used Firefox when I had a PC, and I know that it was originally made for Mac, so I downloaded it and am using. But when I try to use a website that has flash on it, it won't work. I tried downloading the plug in and what not, but it still doesn't work!

- I have also used Garageband before, and I REALLY want the jampacks. I know it's illegal, and that I have bad ethics, but they are so useful and overpriced! I bought like two for my older brother and I thought I could use em on my computer, but it's not working. Does anyone know how to use a torrent program to get these things and can they help me through it? That would be GREAT!

- Also, I've had an iPod for-ev-er, but my last computer was so messed up that I wasn't able to salvage the music. So I'm trying to find a program that can extract my stuff from my iPod. I've tried a couple different programs, but none of them work, OR I don't know how to open and install them. I need help pleeeeease.

Thanks guys!
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    Firefox is essentially a cross-platform version of Camino. If Safari's not good enough for you, try Camino instead of Firefox.

We're not going to talk about this here.

I'll let somebody else answer this one.
  3. *Y* macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2004
  4. kildraik macrumors 6502

May 7, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I have the perfect program. Try Senuti.
  5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia

Try an app like Senuti, if you haven't already. It's very straight forward. :)
  6. frankblundt macrumors 65816

Sep 19, 2005
    South of the border
    the flash problem might be because the version you downloaded is not the universal (intel mac compatible) one, and it overwrote the one the mac shipped with?

Or check that Quicktime is not hogging the Flash files, as described here.