Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bipolardiscs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
thanks to everyone's great input, i got a powerbook pc g4, 1 ghz, 512 sdram (with another chip on the way). it is used, and it came with alot of stuff(programs) i don't think i need for recording, editing, graphics, or video.

i'm also getting the firewire solo, seeing as that is the cheapest way to get the best recording.

everyone has been talking about logic. i got a mac for garageband, but i'm going to switch over. my pb came with logic express. how much different is it from logic?

thanks

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Logic is the bomb!

Simply put, it is an all-in-one program that is ideal for a home studio or even pro studios.

You can record in high quality, use plug ins, virtual synths, You can use every Garageband loop (Jam packs) You can load Garageband songs seamlessly. There are a bunch of Soft synths that come with Logic too. You can use rewire to combine Logic with Reason 3.0 (Highly recommended)

aaaa what else, oh ya, you can multi track record if you have a mixing board of some sort, (if you wanted to record a band or something) There is so much you can do with logic, and it is a mac based platform which says it all in my opinion. :p

I for one love Logic, I sold my Pro tools LE (LE = less expensive ;) ) so that I could get Logic instead.

I'm sure there are a ton of features I forgot, but those are some of the biggies. Try a demo or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.