New to Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by schock, Jan 21, 2007.

1. schock macrumors newbie

I am going to be buying my first mac in the next few month or so. I am wondering if I should hold off until Leopard is released? Secondly how long until it is out? I am very anxious to make the switch to Mac.

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

Well It really depends do you really need a new computer like now. If you dont just wait for the new macs and leopard.

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Leopard is due out this summer. As the above poster said, if you can wait; wait. Otherwise, congrats on your new Mac!:D

4. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

If you can wait - always do so!

If you can't, the computer you buy today won't be any worse down the road in 4 or 5 months. :apple:

5. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

the anticipation will be too much, just go for it as soon as possible

6. schock thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I will hold off for a few months although it will be hard.:D

7. Ayria macrumors member

Ayria

Hmm

It will be hard - i am in the same situation - i really want that new iMac as my motherboard on my old PC melted a capacitor and now i am using my old Toshiba notebook - P3...yawn :(

I really dont know if i can wait for the new OS Leopard to be released - some web site rumor a release of Leopard in under 30 days. Yet i would not yet hold my breath.:mad:

What is the price of an upgrade $120 around?

So impatience may cost my an extra $$ or two - but it would be fun to grab it now an enjoy it - anything beats this iold P3 Toshiba!

Cheers

Ayria :apple:

8. ChrisA macrumors G4

What I always say is "If you need a computer now, buy one now. If you don't need a computer then buying one is a waste of money no matter when you buy it."

Leopard is likely to come out around June. Buy the computer now and then wait a while to upgrade, say in September

9. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

If I was stuck using a PC and wanted to switch to Mac, I'd just go ahead and buy. Tiger is an amazing OS and you can always just upgrade to Leopard once it's released. Plus, this way you'll be able to get used to OS X before the release of Leopard.