New to macs...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zgame220, Oct 23, 2002.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm fairly new to macs...I'm actually looking for a cheap Ibook. Anyone know of a good place to find one at?

2. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It all depends on what you're looking for - new or used. If its new, talk to Chuck at General Cybernetics - they advertise here, you'll see the banners.

D

3. macrumors 604

scem0

4. macrumors 604

scem0

I just checked to see if the apple link worked, and it appears that it doesn't so, go to the apple store, and click on the 'Hot deals' sections. That is where the refurbished and special computer offers are. I wouldn't buy it directly from the apple store though. Too expensive, you can find better deals elsewhere.

5. macrumors 603

If you can afford to wait until at least late November I would suggest doing so. Then check out some of the previous sites mentioned, or even SmallDog.com

Once you have your iBook, jack in some memory. Go here for some of the cheapest memory. My Cube has 1GB of memory, upgraded from 128MB, and it performs smooth. My father upgraded his PowerMac at around the same time and didn't experience memory problems.

6. macrumors 604

scem0

I love 18004Memory, I forgot to post that site. VERY cheap RAM. I have to second Cobra on this one.

7. macrumors 68030

medea

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys......

That is very helpful....I am waiting until they release an Ibook with a G4 though. The sites though I'll keep in my favorites for when I do need them. I appreciate your guys' suggestions.