New To Powerbook, I Got Q's, Looking for A's. :)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by TheZeppo, Jan 26, 2006.

1. TheZeppo macrumors newbie

I just got my shiny new Powerbook, and I have a couple of questions:

1. What should I use to clean the exterior of the Powerbook?
    2. While the Powerbook is connected to a power source, is the computer still draining the battery?
    3. Could I use the laptop without it's battery?
    4. Does Apple sell a two-button wireless mouse?
    5. Any way I can get the Apple light thingy to be on while the Powerbook is closed?

Thanks! :D

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

searching the forums is always a good thing.
    1. will be answered by searching. many people use many different things.
    2. no while connected to power it is either recharging the battery (orange light) or running off of power (green light)
    3. i believe you can take out the battery and run if off the outlet, but it won't sit totally flush and will wobble.
    4. no. but third party mice work just fine, again searching is a good thing.
    5. no. its actually the LCD backlight so the screen has to be on for it.

3. kevso macrumors newbie

1. What should I use to clean the exterior of the Powerbook?
    Personally I just use a lightly damp cloth/paper cloth and wipe carefully. You could use iKlean if you feel that inclined..

2. While the Powerbook is connected to a power source, is the computer still draining the battery?
    No, the battery will charge itself to full capacity then run off of AC (hence the amber/green light indicator on your power supply)

3. Could I use the laptop without it's battery?
    You could, but why would you want to.

4. Does Apple sell a two-button wireless mouse?
    Not yet, wait until the Mighty Mouse goes bluetooth. Though, you could always turn to alternatives, Microsoft has a pretty good selection of wireless mouses (that require the usb dongle that is).

5. Any way I can get the Apple light thingy to be on while the Powerbook is closed?
    Not that I know of. If you were able to, I would guess that something is wrong with your PB's ability to close properly / transition in and out of sleep modes.

4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

This thread brought to you by the letter M. :p