New To Video - How do I clip a 'clip'

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by iriejedi, Jun 29, 2006.

1. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

I have a 2 minute movie from a digital microscope at work

I have conveted it to a .mov file (from .avi) and got it into iMovie. So far so good.

How can I splice it up so that I connect the first 30 seconds with the last 30 seconds and cut out the boring minute in the middle?

Can iMovie do this?

The only other software I have that might be beneficial is After effects Pro.. but that I am quite a rookie at. and I do not think that is waht it is for (bought it with my EDU discount before I graduated... someday hope to use it)

Any help would be great! I need to present this at a meeting and while the minute is not an eturnity... I sure would like to show off for the bosses being the first to present video at a meeting with out new $30k system.

Thank you for any help.

George

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

yes, in your clips pane, click on the clip so its in your preview window. Than play it to the end of the 1st 30 seconds, than push apple+t, than push play again untill you get to the beggining of the last 30 seconds, pause it, and push apple+t, now on the clips plane you should see three parts to your clip, click and drag the 1st clip down to the timeline, and the 3rd clip. now click Share at the top and share it into a quicktime movie, and vualla, you done :)

3. iriejedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

THank you!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

G