New US move to spoil climate accord

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 18, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'm (almost) speechless. Are there no depths this Administration will not plumb? They need to be lined up against a wall, and their next of kin should be made to pay for the bullets.

3. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Things like this are a real incite into the character of the President and his Administration. Tony Blair has been Bushs best ally and this is the kind of treatment he receives. This is the kind of thing that Bush does to the people who have given him the most support.

What should that tell the voters who supported Bush? Those who collectively elected him but are all too small individually to be significant in any way. Do you really think that Bush has anyone of the regular people who voted for him in mind?

It's amazing what people will do when they are faced with a clever sales pitch and lack of important information.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

It get's worse....

Link

No wonder that cheny didn't want his notes from the energy big wigs meeting released.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Funny that absolutely every single one of Bush's anti-science positions favor corporate interests rather than those of the average citizen. I think I might believe he was fighting the good fight if he ever favored the citizenry over business even once. :rolleyes:

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Bush in 2000: We don't know enough about that global warming yet, we need to know the facts first before we act. Bush in 2005: We don't know enough about that global warming yet, we need to know the facts first before we act. This coming from a guy who... well, you know. I wouldn't generally think of him as the "think first" before acting kinda guy. But I guess it's only those things that don't matter.

For those who say things like global warming can wait but Iraq couldn't, what about social security? And "Bin Laden Determined To Attack Within The US"?