New Usama tape just locked up the election For Bush.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by amberashby, Oct 29, 2004.

1. amberashby macrumors 6502

Call it divine intervention or just a stupid move by Usama. The new tape of Usama that came out today will assure a Bush reelection.

Bush constantly polls much better than Kerry on the who would be better for the war on terror. Now Usama releases a tape condeming the US and Bush. This isn't Spain.

Bush will win Tuesday and there will be no need for a recount. It won't even be close.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

These tapes are often released before attacks: some observers believe they are 'coded' messages to sleepers... maybe the intended audience is not you and me.

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I wouldn't be so sure. There were plenty of people who dismissed Kerry's claims of Bush being distracted by Iraq and not going after Usama by pointing out that Usama is probably dead. Now given evidence he is alive, there is proof that we maybe should have kept our troops in pursuit when we had him cornered instead of pulling them into Iraq.

4. amberashby thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure that will be Kerry's response but it won't resonate with the American people. Like I said earlier, Bush constantly gets higher poll numbers for dealing with the war on terror. This will bring back all the memories of 911.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

So suppose this is code for "attack" and a major attack is launched on an American city before the election. Would people still support Bush? Because he makes them feel "safer"? In the face of evidence that he has not made them safer?

I think the kneejerk reaction would be to support the president, and I suspect the president would indeed be re-elected. But it would be the wrong decision. Dead wrong.

6. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

It's possible but I am hoping that there are a lot of people (some who assumed Usama to be dead) that will add this to the list of the president's failures.

1. Usama
    2. Zarqawi
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2108880/
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/

and should the tapes prove that the weapons were there
    3. al-Qaqaa

None of these has made me feel any more safe that I did after 9/11. Iraq was not a terrorist haven until we invaded. We took our eyes off of Usama and al-Qaida, and ignored at least 2 chances to take out a known terrorist who is now undermining our efforts in Iraq. We may have also given the terrorists nearly 400 tons of explosives. I don't feel very safe.

7. andym172 macrumors 6502

Lets face it, Bush is doing a much better job than Osama has ever done in turning people against the west and America in particular. If, as you say, it does keep Bush in office, then I'd imagine Osama would be loving it...

8. Lz0 macrumors regular

Agreed!

Agreed!

And remember in order to find someone you must first be looking for them.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The truly amazing achievement of this Administration is that I suspect many people will feel somehow cheered that UBL is alive and defiant. How things have changed since 9/11! How could a remotely politically competent outfit let this happen?

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

'Cause they don't give a ****?

Oh, that was rhetorical, wasn't it?

11. amberashby thread starter macrumors 6502

I can see you are in favor of Kerry's terrorist appeasement strategy. I am not.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What terrorist appeasement strategy? You'll have to be a little more specific.

13. andym172 macrumors 6502

Because you dislike Bush does this automatically present you as a Kerry supporter?

I hope/think not...

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

(Wait for it... we seem to have a live one here.)

15. amberashby thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, didn't mean to jump to conclusions. I am obviously a Bush supporter, but regardless the main point I was trying to make is that I think everyone will agree that this helps Bush's reelection chances.

I just heard a commentator on the news say that after he watched the new Usama video he was waiting for the obligatory clip of George Bush saying "I'm George Bush and I approved this message".

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

What perchance does this terrorist appeasement strategy entail?

Does it do anything like:

-not hunting their leader down
    -invading a harmless non-terrorist nation full of Muslims in such a way that pisses off the entirety of the Muslim world and push more of them over edge of extremism
    -letting them loot high explosives to use against our troops

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Live but not too forthcoming... :rolleyes:

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Did you forget "setting them up, equipping and training them in the first place"?

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

There's a word for lives ones like that!

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

22. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

About to roll off?

23. vwcruisn macrumors regular

link

I fail to see how this is good for the Bush campaign... would someone care to enlighten me?

edit: and doesnt the fact that bin laden is still alive remind us of the fact that Bush_still_has_not_caught_him?

24. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Never underestimate the power of spin. The information, however correct, can be discounted as it is coming from the mouth of UBL, who is obviously very evil and whose words cannot be trusted or given credibility.

Also, the Democrats have levied many of the same criticisms, which obviously proves that UBL and the Democrats are on the same page, and that a vote for Democrats is a vote for UBL...