New Version of iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by goduke06, Mar 6, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 22, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    There really hasnt been a new computer from apple in a while (1year -mac mini) and i im looking at buying a MBP and then an iMac or waiting for a powermac and i'm thinking it has been 1 and a half years since they g5 or core duo version of the imac was released how long till the new one WITH A NEW DIESIGN comes out? :confused:
  2. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    I guess the new 'macbook' (not pro) with a 13" widescreen will be the next big design change as far as apple are concerned.

We may see smaller Powermac towers but I doubt it..
  3. macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i think the PowerMacs, or whatever they are end up being called. Mac Pros? will have a design change as they probably won't require the type of cooling the G5 demands. but other than that, what design changes can them impliment really? the iMacs are a solid design, there isn't much you can evolve from this design to, its pretty much, function, simple, and elegant.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2006
    Kennesaw, GA
    i soooo wish i could get an iMac....but I'm a teenager about to go to college and about to buy an iBook (the new ones of course!)....the iMac's look sweeeeeeet and i want one so badly. if anyone wants to contribute to the poor college kid found just send me a PM lol :p
  5. macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2003
    Washington, DC

Of course, who would have thought after the G4 iMac we needed a new form factor?

The way I look at it is that the G5 iMacs have all the features you're likely to see any time soon, other than more speed and capacity/memory. I suppose an HD-DVD burner will be introduced at some point. So, other than software upgrades, you're likely to have a good, new machine for a while.