New version of iTunes (10.6.3) is available, yet it doesn't download.

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by doxavita, Jun 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

When I open my iTunes (or go to check for updates), I get "A new version of iTunes (10.6.3) is available. Would you like to download it now?"

I then click on "Download iTunes", and it launches Software Update, checking for new stuff. When all updating processes are done I opened iTunes again, and I still had version 10.6.1 (7)., tried running software update yet again, a couple of times, with no change.

Is something wrong? Maybe they haven't placed the new file on the software update servers?

Thanks

2. macrumors P6

Peace

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. macrumors P6

Peace

Not sure. But I do know you could be downloading it right now.

:)

5. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

10.6.3 has been out for over a week. If Software Update doesn't get it, you can download it here: iTunes 10.6.3

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

But once I upgrade manually, iTunes should again be able to update itself automatically? (within itself),

any ideas what's going on?

7. macrumors P6

Peace

So you're more concerned about the mechanism than actually downloading the update ?

8. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, after you manually apply any update, Software Update will still work. It's just that it has a problem downloading occasionally. Just download the update manually, and the next one will most likely work automatically via Software Update.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right, more concerned that it can update by itself.

And manually updating should respect my settings/playlists, and all? If so, I'll go ahead and manually update this time..

10. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, the same as any update through Software Update.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, well, I decided to give the system a reboot first. As soon as it did, I launched iTunes: I did not get the updating message, but I went to iTunes > check for updates, nevertheless. This time it was recognized by software update, and updated itself properly...

Some glitch it seems...